Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palpitations every few seconds

Palpitations every few seconds

For the past 5 days I've had constant palpitations. It just isn't going away at all and its sending a quiver up my throat.

How often do you get palpitations? I had an ecg, chest x ray and blood tests done last week and all were fine.

I'm so worried. I have so many things that I want to do and its making me so depressed I just don't want to get dressed :(

Re: Palpitations every few seconds

Oh you poor thing Kay, im so sorry you are suffering this bad, i have palpitations sometimes for 5 hours at a time then they just stop and then the next day i may not get any, so weird i find it difficult to believe its anxiety but hey, thats what they keep telling me it is, my ECG was also fine i even went to hosp, with chest pain convinced i was having a heart attack, and all we can do is try and relax, which is just so hard to do sometimes isnt it, oh well good luck and get well soon.
    Love and Light
    Gill

Thanks Gillian.

I'd love to believe its anxiety but as you know your mind just takes over and you think the worst.

kay, can u describe ur palpitations?

Fast heart beat or ectopics? If ast heart beat have u measured the rate??

I've had palpitations before and usually I feel my heart flutter I get a vibration up my throat and then a big thump as my heart gets back into rythym.

But this is just my throat fluttering. I can't feel any missed beats or anything my heart seems regular.

Hi Kay24,
    I had really bad palpitations a few years ago when I was going through some marital probs. They lasted for days and where every sixth beat. My heart felt normal then the sixth beat was sort of out of place and a thud, then a gap till the next beat. My nurse told me it was nothing but stress due to the probs and my dad was having major heart surgery too. Once I was reasured by her and read about it on the internet (which I know isnt always a good idea) it gradually got better. It did return with a vengence a few months ago and I copied the passage on here about them and read and re read it. In the end I told the palps to do their worse and started ignoring them. Im now almost ok with the odd one jumping in on a daily basis but it can bog off! The more we think of them its like fuel to stoke it up so if you can just get it into your head that everythings ok they will ease off.
    Do you eat or drink anything with caffeine in? I only ask this as it was suggested to me by my nurse to cut out tea, coffee, fizzy drinks and chocolate and I have to say Im not sure if its having a caffeine free diet or ignoriing the palps that has done the trick!
    I hope you start feeling better soon, these palps are so annoying, not to mention frightening. Take care.
    Carol x

Thanks Carol.

I've noticed its ok in a morning but as soon as I've had my coffee it starts for the day. I have 1 cup of coffee a day and 4 cups of tea plus I have Fibromyalgia which makes me more sensitive to caffeine so I suppose I'm making a rod for my own back.

I have been very stressed lately as I have two children under 3, plus my illness and relationship problems. Plus Christmas so I guess now I come to think about it it could just be down to all of these things (with the niggly worry at the back of my mind).

Kay,

I have to say that ur taking in afair bit of caffeine there. I absolutely LOVE tea & would drink it all day, but since ive switched to decaf only tea Ive hardly had any probs.

Ive also cut in half my intake of chocolate, esp at night.

Ive found M&S decaf tea is the closest tasting decaf to normal tea, try it.

Also, try eating 1 banana a day. After a week or so, one the potassium builds up in ur system, u will find it helps.

Im not gonna say quit worrying because u wont, but bear in mind that u are suffering normal reactions to stress. They are acute but they are normal.

Good Luck,

Pete

Thanks Peter

I've cut out the coffee. Will get some decaf tea today.

I've also started to get nauseus on a night when I get in bed and I get a hot rush through my body. This is fuelling the thoughts again now.

I just want this flutter in my throat to go away. My partner left 2 days ago because I can't think of anything else but this

Everything ur describing is classic stress/anxiety symptoms. And relationship probs at this time of year esp is excrutiatingly stressfull.

If he's gone hes gone. Y a have to take stock and plan ahead. Sad i know & ive no idea how ur feeling, but whe u have control again, u will start to feel better i promise you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information