Thread: Been on clonazepam far too long?

Been on clonazepam far too long?

Hello.

I've been taking clonazepam (under the brand name landosil) for over three years. I know that I am addicted to it now. My dose has just been over the effective rate (don't know in mg.s since landosin is different). I tried to ween off it once and nearly lost my mind. How am I ever going to be able to get off it?

Thanks,
    Philip

Sort out the the smoking first Philip and then turn your attention to this .

The way forward when you get there, is to take it down in the tiniest increments possible and stabilize there before taking it down any further.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Philip

Yes, three years is fairly a long time.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I tried to ween off it once and nearly lost my mind.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Probably because you did it foo fast. I went thru the same last year, horrible huh.

You will be able to get off it, you just need time... Slowly and gradually by reducing the dose over a certain period of time that suits you , at your own pace.
    Last year I was on Bromazepam ( not available in uk anymore ) , and I stopped suddenly [:O]. Bad idea! I suffered dreadful withdrawal symptoms.
    I was desperate to find some help, so I found a website called www.benzo.org.uk
    There I found some good advice and support, been advised to switch to diazepam ( out of all benzos, the easiest to withdraw )...
    So I started to withdraw from the dosage of 6mg nightly , and it took me about a year to get to where I am today : taking 2mg only when needed! I can last a week or two without taking any, which is a huge difference!
    Like you , I had doubts , wasnt sure if I would be able to stop/ reduce.
    I just want to give you some hope, if I did it , then so can you .
    All the best of luck with it.
    Regards.
    Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*

Thread Information