Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

Hey
    My name is Jenny, this site is so helpful thanks. It nice to know that other people suffer from panic attacks not just me.
    I start a new job next week and im pretty scared. I've suffered from PAs for 2 years and was given Seroxat-im happy to say that im no longer taking them![8D] My life is getting back to normal slowly but its still hard doing big things. Does anyone have any tips on getting through a 9 to 5??????Im really getting worried! I havnt worked for pay since xmas only been helping at the nursery school!
    Jen x

Hi Jenny - just wondered what type of job you will be doing?

Jo
    x

im working for a kids camp i really dont know if i can do it!
    Jen x

I just have had a massive crying fit about working. I have a training day on Wednesday. I just don't feel I can do it and i'm feel terrible and embarrassed about letting people down.
    Jenny x

Dear Jen,

This is probably all about anticipatory anxiety - the thinking about it is far worse than actually doing it. If you have felt well and srong enough to go for this job and get it - then you are strong enough to go to your training day.

Stop those negative - 'what if' thoughts and replace them with positive affirmations. I can, I will enjoy thoughts. Write them down -- it gves them more power.

It's still 2 days away so you will not be letting anybody down because you will be fine . Get some rescue remedy and take it regularly .

We will be thinking of you so know that on Wednesday you have support with you.

Jen,
    *HUGS*
    I can imagine how you might be feeling. Radar is right- anticipatory anxiety is terrible! It has stopped me from doing many things.
    I think you've done so well getting this job- and because you have been helping in a nursery...you are familiar with the routine.
    Just imagine it as another day' helping'.
    Also- with kiddies you know you can keep busy the whole time.... before you know it, it will be 5.
    Try taking the good old 'bottle of water' - to keep nearby.
    all the best,
    Joanne x

Jen,

Just think of the fun you're going to have...wish I could play out with a bunch of kids and not be in a stuffy old office with boffins!! - keep active, keep occupied and above all else keep positive - like radar said write the positives down it does work I do it all the time.

x Shell

Shell

Don't get upset Jen! I think once you get the training day out of the way you may feel a little better! Remember to carry a bottle of water with you - it works wonders with me.

Keep us posted

Jo x

Hi Jen - How did your training day go?

Jo x

hey
    I feel really silly to say I didnt go, I just couldnt do it!I called them tuesday afternoon and said sorry and i think they were ok about it. I feel abit down but its done now. Im looking for a part time job now, as i feel i will cope better with less pressure. I wish i didnt have these PAs, they make life just that bit harder to enjoy.
    Jen x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information