Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My gkirlfriend struggles to reach orgasm on Citalopram

Re: My gkirlfriend struggles to reach orgasm on Citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    i seem to have put my foot in it ,well we are all entitled to our opinion i did say she could have word with docter i have nothing aganst sexiual issuse , it must be difficult for them both ,
    You haven't put your foot in it, as you say you are entitled to your opinion, I was just a bit surprised at your reaction that's all, but no harm done

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

im the same im afraid finding it really hard to have intercourse at the mo :( been on thm for 3 months now and im getting pissed off with it to be honest but i would rather be anxiety free than to have a sex drive to be honest lol

I find orgasms really hard to achieve now, too. The desire is still there, but it takes ages for me to get physically ready for penetration or to orgasm at all. Apparently if your GF is concerned there is a testosterone cream she can get from pharmacies that you apply before the act, as it were. Her doc should be able to tell her more.

I am really shocked by 'Gypsywoman's archaic attitude and reply to your question. How old is this person? Doctors are usually embarrassed to offer help about this anyway. Your question is one of the first I posed when I decided to go back on Citalopram. I have found it very distressing that my sex drive became non existent when I was on it as with other similar meds. My other half has always been extremely positive and patient and said he didn't care how long it took. We just started earlier! For me however the draw back was that my orgasm just wasn't the same or as powerful but just a relief - like thank god I've finally got there. If you suffer from anxiety/ED/depression etc then I think taking it for short periods may work ( personally I react VERY quickly to meds) then you won't feel like the bad side effects are adding more guilt to your life. But in the meantime, practically, I think a lot of foreplay and the 'no pressure if it doesn't happen try later' attitude is far better for self esteem. I felt better if I could please him ,even if I didn't climax. That alleviated the guilt and being tired from the meds anyway I felt ok and less pressured. I really hope you work this out in time. I hear most people don't need these meds for long, so it won't last forever. You're a good guy.

I'm afraid the difficulty with orgasm is a really common issue with citalopram, both for men and for women. The best thing you can do is take your time in bed, loads of attention paid to her body aside from the actual in-out finale, and you both need to start treating an orgasm as a bonus rather than the goal. I find that although I rarely orgasm now, I still really enjoy being intimate with my other half, and we've both learned not to feel pressured into achieving anything in particular.

Apparently though, there may be hormone creams your lady can get from her GP if she finds this a real problem - I've not tried them myself, but it may be worth looking into.

I had terrible trouble with this... One of the reasons I eventually stopped taking it, aside from the fact it killed my appetite too, thus removing two of the best things from my life! Sorry I don't have any advice, I can tell you that the ability returns within a couple of days after coming off it, but if that's not an option, no other ideas really. Good luck with this.

Ginko biloba suplement. Honestly. Psych's often advise patients to take this alongside an ssri if sexual dysfunction is present as it can aid in reversal. Worked for me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information