Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic attack and stopping smoking

Panic attack and stopping smoking

Hi all I thank I am having panic attack I keep getting pains in my cheast back and arms and fast heart rate. I keep thinking I am going to have a heart attack it so scary. So I am now gonna stop smoking what I won't to know is will I have more attacks if I stop smoking

Thanks mark x

p.s happy new year to you all

Re: Panic attack and stopping smoking

It could be linked yes..... I have GAD and for some reason the first thing I want in the morning in a cigarette and coffee - and they both increase myheart rate so I am stopping as my panic is worse in moring. You won't know till you try. Using patches?

Good luck!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You could get more anxious when you first stop. Use NRT (patches etc) - it could help the withdrawal anxiety.

I get very stressed if I go 3-4 hrs without smoking, so there is a link between the two.

Never Surrender, Comrade

i stopped smoking four months ago because i was to scared to really but feel so much better for it now. not much help i know i find chewits are a great way of giving up dont laugh lol. they keep your hands busy unwrapping them then you eat them obviously. i also stopped drinking coffee and started drinking tea as i associated a coffee and fag together.
    good luck.
    p.s be carefull with patches go to your chemist for the right dosage they can test how much your nicotine intake is my parner went for the highest thinking he would need it and ended up really ill.x

Good luck. I'm qutting this monday. I hope

You can only benefit from stopping smoking. Yes, you'll probably feel more anxious to start with but you can get help with this from your pharmacist. It'll be the biggest favour you ever done yourself if you stop, and I say this as an ex-smoker, not a holier than thow person!! It'll make you less anxious about your health too because every time you take a chest pain, palpitations, you'll also link it to your smoking and it'll make your anxiety worse.
    Myra

i was thinking about givimg up to but i dont want patches as im not keen on them was going for willpower im on around 15-17 a day so im hoping i can do it.

i also get pains and pins and needles and i think its the smoking.

has anyone else just stopped without useing the patches?

Hi there, i gave up smoking 6 days ago due to anxiety and having my first major panic attack couple of days after boxing day!! It scared the life out of me!! I feel so much better for giving up, I havent even craved a fag....yet!!! Good luck! x

I packed up once without any thing ,it was hard but after a week it got easier .The problem I had was I kept eating instead ,chocolate digestives lol .A while later I started again ,Wish I hadnt but I enjoy a ciggie .I would like to stop again this year ,but I will have to psych myself up first Good luck ,its will power at the end of the day If you put the money you spend each week and do something nice with it it gives you more of an incentive ..Luv Sue xxx

Hi all thanks for the replys. Well I have gone all day without smoking and it's been hard but I never thought it would be easy lol. I got the gum it tasts so bad lol. I have not had any attacks today I am so happy I have them every day and this is the first day in 3 months not having one

p.s. I love this website

mark x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information