Thread: av bin suffering from panic attacks about 7 months no

av bin suffering from panic attacks about 7 months no

hello my name is Rhea Smith and am 18 i have been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks for about 7 months no and i must adit that they have changed me and i do totally hate them!! i really want to learn to control them and not let them control me, somedays i feel so stuck and unhappy i feel like am going mad!! if anyone can relate to this?? i am starting hypnotherapy and psychotherapy tomoz if anyone has had this?? and did it help?? if anyone ould ever like to chat with me for support or anything plz message me as i am going through the exact same thing!! i am determined thoigh that i am going to learn to control this as its my life and i wantr a good life. If anyone has any tips or advice that helps iv anxiety attacks plzz i wud b gratefull if you messaged me thanks!! xxxx

Re: av bin suffering from panic attacks about 7 months no

Hello Rhea, welcome to nmp. You'll get support and reassurance from people here who are going through the symptoms you have. You are not mad!! Anxiety is horrible but you can learn to live with it and you really sound as though you want to help yourself which is a great thing. It's all about accepting the symptoms of anxiety, not letting them bother you and carrying on with your life. The symptoms mean less and less when we are not afraid. I hope you get lots of help with the hypno and psychotherapy. You can get over this.
    Myra

good luck Rhea

thank you for that myra and ano your totally ryt, i need to learn to not to ba afraid and i think wiv tym i will its just hard as sumtyms i feel so tired lyk literally exhausted if ya get me?? but i am determined that its not going to control my life, i think becoz i havent had them for that long(av had panic attacks 4 about 7 months) am still not used to it all and it still scares me, but lyk i sed i am going to help myself, thank you ppl xxxx

A good tip I got when on an anxiety management course was, if a panic attack is/has started, place your hands in a cup shape over your mouth and nose and breathe deeply in and out for 5 breaths. The reason for doing this is that when you start to panic, you overbreathe, taking in too much oxygen. That sends the ph balance in your body off kilter, which then makes the blood go to the areas that need it most, leading to all those unpleasant feelings of lightheadedness, tingling, pain etc.
    It really does help to get the breathing back on track. You may have heard of using a paper bag? Well, the cupped hands do the same trick as a paper bag.

Good luck with therapy

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

heyy happyone thanks for da trick, il try dat the next tym i have one!! am totally sick of them so i hope da therapy dus wrk!! thank you xxxx

Thread Information