Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endoscopy on the 14th January - terrified

Re: Endoscopy on the 14th January - terrified

i can honestly say i felt no pain just a little uncomfortable and i burped alot u will be fine they sprayed the back of my throat and put it down no props and i have bad health anxiety

i am meant to be getting this done and am scared out my witts i have also canceled two appointments but i really need itdone as am suffering abd burning in my belly and between my shoulder blades =( why are you having thsi done ?? i wish i could build up the courage and get it done soon x

Honeypie I went ahead with the endoscopy. I posted this thread in January last year and I have to say it going ahead with it was the best thing I have ever done because it really put my mind at rest. It isn't too bad and I could do it again if I had to.

They put a little bit of spray on your throat to numb it a bit then when the tube is down you can breathe normally. It doesn't take long. Its mind over matter mostly. The more you panic the worse you'll feel. So just stay calm and relaxed and it will be over with hardly any feeling whatsoever.

I didn't feel any different afterwards. A little bit of wind as they put a tiny bit of air in your stomach I think.

Have it done though and try not to worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information