Thread: school run

school run

how many other of you mums had the same problem as me this morning while taking our kids to school.i live a couple of streets away from my sons school but i went in the car as my legs would'nt carry me and i did'nt want to bump into anyone.i deliberatly went late so everyone would have gone and i look awful my hair was a right mess.i managed to have a word with my sons teacher and she was very supportive and said i could pick my son up 15 minuets early so i could miss everyone else picking up their kids and i can carry on doing this until im better.i hope everyone else managed to get their kids to school alright as i know its a nightmare when your not feeling so good

Re: school run

Well done Magic for getting them to school it must have been hard for you . (but u did it ) Also well done for confiding in the teacher your problem and g8 that she was able to allow you to get them at a earlyier time .

Hope you are soon feeling better and able to resume your routine

Take Care Margaret

Wow, what a lovely teacher and well done you for being so brave. When Im at my worst I go as late as possible without causing my little one to be late. Understand where you are coming from. Keep up the good work. XX

wow hun first of all i must say i admire you so much for telling your sons teacher about this dreaded problem thats great.

i can really sympathise. my hubby is off work at the moment and he always comes to pick up the kids with me or he will do it by himself. i hate the thought of talking to anyone at the school as i usually just end up wanting to run away! i hate being like this though :( if you ever need a chat pm me anytime xx

my son has aspergers and adhd so i have to have meetings at school every half term to discuss his progress and his class teacher is the school senco(speciel educational needs coordinator)and also he goes to a special group in the mornings to help with his maths and numeracy and the teacher he has for this group is also fantastic,she was really good with hayden when my nannar was in hospital and later died as hayden was very worried and upset.both these teachers know of my problems and have been so supportive since my latest setback not only have they allowed me to pick him up earlier but they are arranging for the educational phsycologist who i have a meeting with in a couple of weeks regarding hayden to come to my home and have the meeting there.they also said if they could support me in any other way just let them know so i was very impressed,there are some supportive teachers out thereand our problems are very common i know several other mums who have suffered the same things as me so you may find if you tell your childrens teachers they maybe able to help,its been a weight of my shoulders telling my sons teacher.

Thread Information