Thread: Depression over constant annoying symptoms

Depression over constant annoying symptoms

I've had this fluttering in my throat for 3 weeks non stop. It started to feel better then a few days ago it started up again.

I just can't cope with it anymore. I have two children aged 4 and 18 months, I keep snapping at them because I have no patience. My partner has left me so I'm frustrated and upset about that. I also have Fibromyalgia which causes me alot of health problems. My Health Anxiety is terrible I just keep thinking I'm going to die all the time and have this constant feeling of dread.

Re: Depression over constant annoying symptoms

Kay24
    I also have fibromyalgia and suffered for many years with the dreaded ectopic beats which at one time were pretty constant. However they can and do go away so please do not give up hope on this. Please also feel free to send me a personal message and I shall be happy to help in any way. I should say that I am retired now anf my family grown but all you describe was once my daily lot also.

mmac - you are the first person who I have seen write that they (ectopics) can go away. Did they go away for you? Hope would be something for me to cling to

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Ectopics Will go away but you have to let them by learning to ignore them, finding ways to keep relaxed and easing the stresses in your life that are causing them........but yes, they Always go if we learn how to let them.

Thanks Bill...I need to know that. Its been months and I am so depressed about it now. I also have some other weird symptoms - like the heart goes too slow sometimes - I never know whether its related or not

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I too have never heard anyone say that they go away?? It is reassuring to hear that you conquered yours! What are your secrets?? Time? We all know it is anxiety and we should try this and try that but is is a matter of easier said than done! There must be a way to find a mindset surely??

I do not know if they have gone forever...is anything forever?....but I have not had any significantly bad runs for several years now except for the odd 'flip' or two which is now easier to ignore. At one time I was having them almost continually...day and night..I used to cry with frustration and worry, couldn't sleep, couldn't think of anything else and I understand how you feel. I went for a major operation and they were so bad as I was waiting to go into theater that I pleaded with them not to carry on as I was sure I would die! Of course I didn't and that went a long way to convincing me that they could not harm me. I do think that you should explore all the tips and advice on here as something may work for you. The truth is that the less they begin to bother you the more your mind believes that they needn't be taken seriously at all and so the process of lessening them becomes self fulfilling until one day you realise that you have not had any at all.
    This has taken me years to understand and so fragile is the mind that i would never say that I will never have them again but at least know that they can stop ruling your life. Hoping you can get some relief sooner rather than later. XX

From what I've read on the subject, ectopics shouldn't be confused with palpitations because the causes can be different.

With anxiety, one of the most common symptoms is palpitations caused by excess adrenalin being produced in response to exercise or too much stress. Palpitations can make you feel as if the heart is thudding or missing beat or a sudden rush where you feel a rapid beat.

Palpitations are perfectly normal and because they're normal, they can happen at any time during exercise or stress. Therefore, they are best ignored because they'll always pass.

However, for peace of mind, a visit to the doctor can always check to make sure they are just paliptations which woud then help you to remember that they're perfectly normal and harmless.

From what I've read, ectopics don't appear to anything serious either and they can also be treated so either way, a doctor can advise the best course of action.

If we're feeling under alot of stress, your body will react due to the excess adrenalin being produced. Also, stimulants such as caffeine etc can also cause palpitations.

I must admit I don't know alot about ectopics but I know all about palpitations and anxiety symptoms so I hope that helps a little to reassure you.

Thread Information