Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBS Symptoms!!

Re: IBS Symptoms!!

Thanks for sharing all your experiences, they have made me feel much easier about things!

It probably sounds too good to be true but since the 5th of Jan I have started taking multi-vitamins and cutting down food & drink wise, and I feel strangely a lot better than before! Hope this is a positive sign!
    xx

Mine is improving, I just have to make sure I go to the loo regular (tmi) and cut out dairy and spicy food, always flares mine up.

Whenever I flare, I eat only salads, greens, leafy veggies, small amounts of fish/chicken, ABSOLUTELY NO COFFEE OR ALCOHOL. Honestly, I can recover from even the worst of flares in about 3-10 days, symptom free.

What usually triggers a flare for me (about once a year) is when I find myself eating a lot of pizza/pasta/breads and upping my coffee intake. Although my original onset (and also the worst time for me) at 16 and I didn't drink coffee then. At 16, it occurred when I was playing football, and eating about 2 meals of pasta daily. We had a fun pasta tryout 4 of my friends moms each made a dish, and I started getting IBS symptoms that weekend. Many have suggested celiac's, I probably should get that tested but I'm in such control of my flare-ups, I really don't see the need for more doctor bills.

Give it a try for a week, I bet you see an improvement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information