Thread: Do you protect them from anxiety?

Do you protect them from anxiety?

Hi,

Please could anyone offer me some advice. My husband suffers from anxiety. At the moment his ex-wife is on a drinking binge, which normally lasts about three weeks. Normally in these circumstances her father puts a crook-lock on the car to stop her drink driving (police aware) but due to snow and illness is unable to get to her home to put the crook lock on. We are in a position to do so but his anxiousness prevents him from doing so. Should I try to persuade that he do so (making him very anxious), as I am very concerned about his children losing their mother, and also his ex-wife as she ended up in hospital the last time due to running herself over. I am very worried I don't know who to protect.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Do you protect them from anxiety?

I would have no hesitation in protecting this woman from herself given that she is likely to drive and to injure herself/her children or god forbid another driver or pedestrian. I think if your partner is too anxious to take this on then you need to persuade him to ask another relative or friend for help. I would not recommend you go face to face with the Ex in the interests of future harmony. Good luck Claire...what a dilemma.

Veronicax

Re: Do you protect them from anxiety?

Thanks, I will try to persuade him to ask someone else. Not too sure of occasions when I have to confront his anxiety. I am friends with his ex wife but when she is on a binge is totally unaware of anyone so nobody is able to talk to her.

Thread Information