Thread: Email

Email

I have just received this email from a friend

How are you? I'm ok but think need to speak to you about this...
    I know you have been having some problems lately with your panic attacks, this is probably why I haven't seen you cos all the recent times we were meant to meet up (nite out in ramsey, beauty pamper nite, girls nite, meeting xmas eve) you have cancelled on me at the last minute. I think you need to see someone to get some help with this for your sakes, it is also not good for me cos I feel like you let me down alot Annette, it's always the same at this time of year as well, I don't hear or see you for months on end and I don't know what's going on in your life and... I miss you hun, I do! I miss us, the way we used to be, we probably can't be like that again, I hope that's not true, but I need to think about what I've said.

Please get in touch, I don't want to upset or hurt you but if there's a problem, it needs sorting right? Take care and get in touch.

Re: Email

I appreciate you might be feeling a bit upset by this, as I probably would if I'd received it. Because it wasn't for me though, I can view it more clearly and I think overall, it's a nice, caring email. It seems like your friend genuinely wants to help, and is trying to understand but finding it hard.
    If I were you, I'd mail her back and just say how you've been feeling (I don't know sorry, as I haven't seen any of your other posts). Have you fallen out with her at all? If not, explain that you really did want to meet up, but find it so hard that when it comes to it, you can't. (I assume this is along the right lines?) Also, make it clear to her that it's nothing personal (if it's not!) and say that you appreciate her caring. You're trying to work through this, but it'll take time. Could you perhaps invite her to your house, so she knows you want to see her still?
    Hope this helps. As I said, I don't know any of the background so have had to assume a bit!

Hi Manx kitty

I get the feeling that this email has upset you, but as an outsider looking in, i can see that your friend cares about you, she misses the relationship you used to have , but more than that she missess, you and being a part of your life, and although it hurts for someone to point out when there is something wrong in our lives, i think she is really trying to help, and think that is is a good thing that she is addressing it with you, to encourage you to get some help, and then you can become part of the friendship again. all too often peole dissappear from ourlives, and we never know why, she is trying to prevent that happening.

Im sorry , i dont know your history, so i may be speaking out of turn, but just replying as i see it.

Best wishes

P x

Thanks you guys, i think that email just shocked me a bit thats all, i have read it a few more times and its not nasty at all, i think its probably what i needed, a kick up the backside he he.

I am starting anxiety management therapy next month, its group therapy, i have never been to anything like this before but it will definately be nice to meet other people in the same situation as me.

Ur welcome, hope the anxiety management goes well next month.

P x

Thread Information