Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clonazepam

Re: clonazepam

i was prescribed this by a psychiatrist after go refused to prescribe me more diazepam, wonder why then i coul dhave this instead

hi i take clonazapam when needed. i find it really helps with anxiety and panic. i find no side effects at all maybe a bit tired but thats all
    debera

I was prescribed it years ago from a neurologist as I have bad night twitches that kept my partner awake at night. I have been on them for years and hate them. I want to get off them so badly but the withdrawal is really bad and even if I cut down slowly the twitching returns. How long can I stay on these things for? Surely it cant be doing me much good. I have been on them for about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HymnSpace View Post
    I was prescribed it years ago from a neurologist as I have bad night twitches that kept my partner awake at night. I have been on them for years and hate them. I want to get off them so badly but the withdrawal is really bad and even if I cut down slowly the twitching returns. How long can I stay on these things for? Surely it cant be doing me much good. I have been on them for about 5 years.
    People can end up on them for years... decades... permanently really.... people prescribed them for anxiety reasons get both physically and mentally dependent on them. Withdrawal has to be done slowly due to the dangerous side effects that can occur if stopped suddenly.

Although to me, what you describe sounds like a return of the original problem once you cut the dose back, rather than a withdrawal syndrome. It might be that you need a long term medication to control the twitching?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information