Thread: weak legs

weak legs

Hey guys,

I have had PA's for eight years and just started getting this symptom a couple years ago. My legs get so weak I feel like I can't stand on them. Then I start thinking I'm having a stroke and I go into complete panic mode. I also have recelenty started getting dizzy. I have had all kinds of test and they say nothings wrong with me. Damn the mind is powerful.

Re: weak legs

can you stand up and walk even though your legs feel weak?
    do you think it might be caused by anxiety, the jelly legs sensation?
    I get weak legs when I'm anxious and then a milder sensation of weakness when I'm ok .

Yeah... that was one of the first symptoms i would feel when having a PA. I remember sitting in the cinema when i had my first full on attack. My legs felt terrible and i so desperately wanted to get up but i wasn't sure if my legs would carry me!

The stroke thing is your own "cross to bear", as it were! We all have something that gets to us - this seems to be yours. All i can say is that it is highly unlikely that you will ever have a stoke whilst in the grip of a PA and that you WILL be OK once it is over!

thanks yall, good to know I'm not alone!!!!

Dr.Claire Weekes says in her book that "jelly legs will always get you there!" I know it's a horrible feeling and you wonder if your legs will give way, but it's only a sensation caused by anxiety. I remember many years ago being told my son had a rare genetic condition and that the doctor didn't know if it was life-threatening or not - when I stood up I'll never forget the sensation I had in my legs - they were actually trembling with shock - but I still managed to walk downstairs and get a taxi home, so it was only a sensation. Try not to worry about it too much, you'll come to no harm.
    Myra

Thread Information