Thread: How much longer does this go on?

How much longer does this go on?

For nearly three years i had lots of aches and pains, mainly abdominal ones, i had every test going, they could find nothing. Found out two months ago i was suffering from depression. At first i was put on Citalopram, and now Mirtazapine, i don't find they are helping that much, plus they give me horrific nightmares. I just wonder how much longer my life has to be this bad, and how much longer i can take it all! I have some good days maybe 2 out of 7. But the rest of the time it's pure living hell! I'm married and have children so have to put a brave face on as best as i can. Why is it only some suffer from this dreadfull illness? I have to go and talk to someone this week but can't see it helping. They say there is help out there but i just don't believe it, i don't think anyone really cares, if your in the gutter that's it i'm afriad,

From Wayne, redrainbow.

Re: How much longer does this go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrainbow View Post
    Found out two months ago i was suffering from depression. At first i was put on Citalopram, and now Mirtazapine, i don't find they are helping that much, plus they give me horrific nightmares.
    I take it that you havnt been taking the Mirtazapine for very long ? i t can take quite a while for a dose to stabilise and find the correct dose ;that is called your theraputic dose .It takes on average 6-8 weeks for a dose to stabilise .You say you have good days and that is a good sign they are starting to work ,Maybe you will need your dose adjusted ,your Dr will do this when he /she thinks its needed.You can get bad dreams on Mirtazapine also on a lot of antidepressants ,but these will lessen and become less bothersome as time passes .As your state of mind and anxiety lifts you will sleep better ;Accepting this is a good place to start ,

I just wonder how much longer my life has to be this bad, and how much longer i can take it all!

I think we have all felt like this I know i did .But you will take it and you will find an inner strenghth ,you will suprise yourself .Your battle has just begun and you are not alone .Have faith in yourself ,you are stronger than you think you are .

I have to go and talk to someone this week but can't see it helping. They say there is help out there but i just don't believe it, i don't think anyone really cares, if your in the gutter that's it i'm afriad,
    Talking is an excellent way of release and discovery ,Its part of your journey and it will help you understand why you have been feeling like you have .Dont close the door on things before the door has been opened .Being open to suggestions and help ;you will be starting to get the frame of mind that will carry you through . Issolation and feeling no one cares is just you feeling so alone within .Does it matter who cares at the end of the day ?,You do !otherwise you wouldnt be here ..All drugs and medical assistance will do is help you on your way ,,your recovery is up to you ;You have taken the first step by asking for help all you have to do is take another .You are on your way ...but it wont be a lonely one if you come here for support .Take care and be kind to yourself Luv Suex

From Wayne, redrainbow.

Thanyou so much Suex, it's nice to know your not on your own with this.

Talking can really help. Counselling has made the world of difference to me. Good luck x

Try to keep an open mind about talking to someone Wayne.I never felt comfortable about talking to a complete stranger about my thoughts/feelings but it can gradually start to help. You may find that with time you will start to have more good days than bad. I do not believe that there are any magic answers or cures for depression, i think that some of us have a predisposition to it and throughout our lives we just have to try to find ways of managing it and accept that its part of our makeup(unfortunately)For a long time i tried to cope without the help of medication but now when i recognize the signs of the black hole looming then i accept that i need some help.. It does take time for the meds to work and sometimes you may have to chop and change to find the right ones to suit you but you will eventually see some light at the end of the tunnel.. Good luck and you will feel better even though you may not think so at the moment..
    Last edited by hopeless; 10-01-10 at 18:36.

Thread Information