Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks at school

Red face Panic Attacks at school

Hi i'm 14 and i have to go to school on monday. I hav'nt been there for a while and if i don't go i will be charged with truency. (this shouldn't be happening to a 14 year girl!) I
    m afraid I will have panic attacks right in the middle of class and not be able to stop them. I have a feear of puking so i don't know if I will be able to eat that day, (or if i should) because i'll think that i will puke. And if i get to panicky and anxious then that will make my stomach upset and ugh! (at least i think it will idk) I would just like some advice and any information on these topic's. I need some help to get through the day. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Re: Panic Attacks at school

Have you spoken to a doctor about your panics. I don't know how it is the U.S, but in the U.K you couldn't be done for truenting if it was authorised by a doctors note.

It sounds like you have exactly the same sort of symptoms as I do, I had them from the age of 15 and I know it's not nice coping with them at that age as you feel like you need to hide it from everyone.

If you can you should confide in a trusted adult. You should not have to worry about being done for truency, your health must come first. Definitely get yourself to see a doctor who will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the response,, i have seen many doctor's but they havn't helped. The last doctor i went to called an ambulance and police to rush me to the hospital! I don't even know why. I don't think the hospital is the right choice. So that is how the police got involved, my dad knows and helps me, but we are mainly focused on trying to get me to eat. And if I don't eat at all that day it would probably screw me up. My dad was going to pull me out and do a homeschooling program but we waited to long and now... well. I know how to get rid of my panic attacks when i have them but it involves going somewhere and doing a different thing to keep my mind occupied. So if i'm sitting in the middle of class and i have a panic attack i can't just get up and leave, or get on the comp, or turn around and talk to my friends. It's going to be hard...

Do you have a guidance/support teacher at school? I'd have a word with them about how you feel. You shouldn't have to suffer alone with this. Being a teenager is difficult enough without all you have to contend with. I'd find a trustworthy person at school and let them know how you feel. Teachers are also there to support you, so don't suffer alone.
    Myra

Thanks myra, but if you read my last post it said the doctor wanted me rushed to the hospital, and the school was in on it, and said i was violent! Iv'e never hurt anyone. And the counsoler lady stills wants me to go to the hospital so i'm worried that if i go there i'll just be whisked away!

Sorry, I didn't read that post first!! That is awful if the school are saying you are violent - sounds like they want an easy option not to have to deal with a pupil who needs support. It's so sad. It sounds like you need to get help with your eating problem. Is there no-one your doctor can refer you to with this? I know you say your doctor just wants you whisked off but maybe they are worried about you. Could you even attend a hospital on an outpatient basis? It's so difficult but I'd honestly try and get my eating problem sorted out first and then hopefully the rest will follow. You are obviously needing more help and support and only the doctor can arrange this. Let us know how you get on.
    Myra

thanks a lot and yees i'm going to go see a nutritionist on tuesday, and he will teach me about nutrition and what my body needs and stuff, i'd just like to know some things to keep my mind off of my fear at school. Sometimes it helps when i have a different problem, lol but i'm not gonna like break my leg, haha

I'm so glad you are going to see someone - you are a very important person and deserve to be helped. Look after yourself and everything else will fall into place. You have your whole life in front of you and when you feel better you'll have lots to look forward to.
    Myra

Thanks a lot that really helped i'm so thankful for this website!

you have the same problem i do, im in uni now and have suffered with this for a good 5 years, i hate sitting in class and just thinking 'arrgg what if i puke!' and then if i start to feel symptoms i start to panic!

But you definatly need to eat properly, i promise you eating wont make you puke, i eat normally and even though i get them anxious/panicy thoughts ive never physically been sick, its all in the mind, ive started councilling now so hopefully they will help.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information