Thread: An important question for all of you about your symptoms

An important question for all of you about your symptoms

I often read threads to see how similar my symptoms are to what other people experience. Now, with your anxiety-related symptoms, are these episodic? What I mean by that, do your symptoms of anxiety only present themselves when you're anxious or stressed and then go away? Or are they pretty constant and continuous? The reason I ask is because I've noticed a lot of people on here experience the same types of things that I do, but my symptoms are consistent. They are there all day every day for over 4 months now, and I'm not even anxious. I had a sudden onset of these things and since then they haven't gone away.
    Last edited by guitarpants; 10-01-10 at 18:54.

Re: An important question for all of you about your symptoms

hiya my symptoms are constant. i have chest arm pain achy left arm, tingling in my left hand sometimes my feet. achy legs, shortness of breath, dizzyness and tightness in the chest. what are your symptoms if you dont mind me asking? xx

Hi there,

My understanding of it is that it doesn't begin with constant anxiety, it often begins with a panic attack out of the blue and the feeling the panic gives us starts the fear of another one. So over time, and a few more panic attacks later, the nervous system becomes a bit strung out so that the panic is then just below the surface and doesnt take much to trigger it. Pretty soon the symptons of fear are with us every day, because our mental health, our spirit has has become depleted, we are very tired and so its able to take over completely, and this is when it becomes constant.

But we are stronger than we know because we fight back with all we have, and the proof is here on this forum. Every one of us is a fighter and trying to find ways to get our lives back on track again. We should never lose sight of that strength. We sometimes have differences of opinion, but we are all in the struggle together.

GH xx

ninja im still trying to come to terms with it all myself, looking at the thred you posted i turned to my partner and said i could of wrote it its just something we have to get our heads round before we can get on top of it hope you feel better soon bud.

Yes it is just like you and sammi says for me. My symptoms are constant. I don't throw myself into an attack or panic. I used to but I don't do it anymore for months. I have left arm ache and numbness. Sometimes down to wrist. Different types of left chest pain (stabbing, stinging, dull ache) and most importantly which makes me afraid, ectopics. These missed beats are there most of the time.
    So it's not panic attack but anxiety I guess. Also sometimes I burp a lot which relieves the chest tightness somewhat. Dizziness is on and off for me.

yeh mines are there 24//7 as well, seem to attack after different area different times

My panic attacks are triggered by different things--stress, worry, fear. Symptoms are not 24/7 all year. But during "episodes," the pain and panic attack symptoms will be 24/7 for hours or days.

Also, muscle and chest pain can be triggered by specific physical incidents that cause a return of Myofascial (inflammation) syndrome. Then THAT pain, and my perception of it, will induce a panic attack. It's two different conditions that happen to overlap (making treatment and prevention difficult).

Some of mine have been constant and some were sudden onset.

I've had bouts of months of feeling like I'm walking around in a fog, dizziness, sweating for no reason, headaches that just never seem to go away completely, shakiness, and a feeling of constant dread that something (I had no idea what) bad was going to happen.

Sudden onset symptoms would include; the 'rush' feeling, chest pains, back and muscle pains, palpitations, near fainting spells.

The more I delved into the symptoms and realized that they were anxiety related and quit giving them the power to disrupt my life daily, the less frequently they came on and the stay of the constant ones reduced in duration.

I to suffer on a daily basis,but until we educate ourselves on what and how to handle all the crappy feelings we have,we will continue to suffer.Try some breathing exercises and affermations,also have cognitive therapy.You will start to recognise your symptoms and learn how to deal with them.It is alearned illness and can be reversed if You let it.I know it it easy said then done But you can and will succeed,Positive Thinking.
    All the best

Thread Information