Thread: Really worried about Mum

Really worried about Mum

She's been in a lot of pain all over her body for days now. She says she feels like she's been kicked. She does have arthritis but not been diagnosed as having it anywhere other than her neck and shoulders (she had surgery on her neck 18 months ago). She's also got some purple bruises come up on her legs and she hasn't a clue how she's got them and they are not sore. She says it's probably because she's on mirtazapine (I got bruises when on anti depressants).

She won't go to the Dr's nop matter what I say and I know it's probably nothing but when I think of bruises I always think leaukemia. Stupid I know but I'm such a worrier.

Re: Really worried about Mum

Hi Cat

It's hard isn't it when you worry about someone else and they won't get things checked out. My husband is the same. He always just says he will wait and see what happens. Maybe your Mum just wants to sit it out for a few more days - it could just be a virus that will go on its own.

Perhaps you could convince her to make a doctor's appointment for a week's time and then cancel if she feels a lot better by then?

At any rate, she should probably tell her GP about the bruising as it may be that she could do with changing her prescription.

xx

Thanks Jo.

She's at work at the mo but due to ring soon and I'm going to badger her to make an appointment again just to stop me worrying.

I've looked up bruising for Mirtazapine (remeron) and some sites say it's not a side effect but when googling a lot of people are getting these side effects on SSRI's.

my advice try to get your mum to see a docter to be on safe side

Thread Information