Thread: Sore throat, pain in chest when coughing... stressed & worried :(

Sore throat, pain in chest when coughing... stressed & worried :(

I had a bad sore throat last week & put on antibiotics. It cleared after 2 days but now after a week, it's back. and it's so dry & painful. When i cough it hurts my upper chest area in the middle at the base of the throat. I don't have a high fever, no rash, no sensitivity to light, but my neck and upper back had been sore for one week, mainly in the right side.

I have health anx & i don't know if this is something I should worry about or is it something normal & does not need immediate medical attention?

I could only make an appt to see my doctor in 27 hours.

I'm worried & scared, could someone pls comment.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Sore throat, pain in chest when coughing... stressed & worried :(

Hi mom1982

Hope this doesn't sound like a silly suggestion, but are you drinking enough water on its own (not just with tea and coffee). My husband coughs constantly even after he has recovered from a cold, sore throat or chest infection. We have found that this annoying dry cough is soothed by drinking lots of water.

Hope this helps.

i actually drink very very little water. thanks. i'll try more.

the only symptoms bothering me is the very painful sore throat & headaches. I have a mild fever now & then but that doesn't seem to be of any discomfort. The sore throat is so bad that i can't swallow & i feel like throwing up everytime i cough. Been forcing myself not to.

Swine flu, pneumonia, bronchitis etc scare me.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

did you finish your meds

I took half a dose the last 2 days. I took the proper full dose again today & have one more day of antibiotics to take. It's not penicillin which is the best one, i'm allergic to that, so i've been given roxymicin (cant spell it).

I know it sounds insane that i'm going crazy with symptoms that is probably just the flu or some treatable infection like strep but i cannot rationalize & i cannot control my fears and i'm panicking and have been in tears most of the day thinking the worst.
    Last edited by mom1982; 13-01-10 at 12:54.
    - - -
    - - -

Thread Information