Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: starting work on 25th jan!!

starting work on 25th jan!!

and im not too sure how to feel to be honest!!
    i have not worked for years due to anxiety and also having children.
    i got the job in november went for the interview which lasted an hour and was interviewed by 2 staff members
    i will be a home carer. its something i have always wanted to do.
    i actually was supposed to start a job like this few months back (with another company) but because my anxiety got the better of me i never went
    i will be working an average of 20 hours a week in the evenings and alternate weekends. my hubby was laid off few months ago so he will be here with our 4 children.
    it will involve lots of training and i will also have to go out with a member of staff for 2 weeks to get the jist of the job etc and even this i am scared of! i keep thinking to myself what if i totally freak out in front of this person i have to go with and have to run to my car etc god i really do hate these negative thoughts
    the past few weeks i have not felt too bad but i always go through this......feel good 1 min then bang the panic and anxiety will kick in and last days/weeks on end.
    i even struggle doing the school run so am thinking how the hell will i manage to keep this job up.
    i have to go into the office next week to see their company gp (everyone has to see her) have been told it will only last about 15mins but am really scared and worried for some odd reason. think im worried she will pick up 'i dont seem right/normal'
    its really getting me down.
    i want to do this job but on the other hand i dont know if and how i will cope:(
    any words of advice please? x

Re: starting work on 25th jan!!

well first things first - WELL DONE FOR GETTING A JOB

You will be FINE - they must think a lot about you in the first place

BRILLIANT - GO SHOW THEM WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF

mike

you sound a bit like me,i started a new job in nov and actually it gives you something else to think about,i have a few blips but at work okk its when i get home it can hit me if get over tired or stressed,im a bit iffy at mo with school runs especially since bad weather get a bit panicky about being on my own in traffic jam coz traffic often bumber to bumber but otherwise i thinking it will be the saving of you

thanks means lots xx

Please give it a try i am sure all new staff are nervous if you feel the need tell the GP that you have to see that you suffer from some anxiety ,think of all the positive things that you will achieve and focus on them not the negatives ( easier said than done i know )

Please Take Care Margaret

hiya mummy4

you say you really want to do this job and i think you will be fine.... just keep reminding yourself that this is for you... its what you want and your not going to let this anxiety get the better of you!!!!

i have just gone back to work two weeks ago after being on the sick and if i feel a bit wobbly i tell everyone not feeling to clever today so if i freak dont be alarmed and i actually feel better for telling people how i feel!!!

i am the same as one of your previous replies. i seem to keep the anxiety at bay during work but then get a bit stressed when home... i am just trying to really take things easy... dont take too much on and get plenty of rest.

you will be fine at your new job hon - dont worry about it... if it doesnt work out at least you will have tried..... but you will be fine.... mums are strong!!! oh and by the way.... i struggle with the school runs now and again.... deap breaths... stay focused.... get back to the safety of the car.... horrible isnt it....???? but we do it and we get through it.... some how!!!!

good luck, take care

andrea x x

Oh well done you,

This is my line of work, i work with the elderly, please be assured that so many elderly people suffer there own anxieties, all my old dears know what i suffer with and if anything it is a great comfort for them, as they know i understand exactly how they feel.

Please, hold it out, this is such a rewarding and lovely job to do and once you get to know them and them you, you will never look back.

And wow! you got through the interview, believe me, if you got through that, you can get through anything.

I for one am so proud of you.

Do keep us informed on how it goes.

best wishes

di xx

thanks everyone!

im sure it will be such a rewarding job for me its just the making that step to go xx

Hi.Well done to you. I just wanted to remind you that YOU were specially chosen for this job because they saw desirable qualities in you that they DIDN'T see in somebody else! What a compliment to you that they have confidence in you!Take the compliment because they obviously liked you to start with and want you as part of their team. Remember this when you enter on your first day coz theres no way they would give such a caring job as this to anybody now would they? N dont forget, you will be learning to start with and "he who makes no mistakes does no work!"Just say you are a little nervous n I bet they will admit they were too on their first day.All the best of luck to you and I really hope you enjoy it. Take care.

You are already thinking the "what if's....?", but more than likely it'll be nothing like you think it's going to be! We always look at the worst possible scenario and it usually never is. You'll start your job, I bet, and be so interested and occupied that you'll not give a thought to your anxiety most of the time. A few of my friends are carers and absolutely love it. Your employers obviously think you will suit the job so be proud of yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself. Just go out there and do it and remember, it may turn your life around for the better. Good luck.
    Myra

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information