Thread: Breathing Difficulties

Unhappy Breathing Difficulties

Hi,

Over Christmas I had a dry hacking cough for 2-3 weeks that has mostly gone now. But the last few days I've had a tight chest (sometimes more of an ache) that feels kind of pressurey, and difficulty breathing and I find I keep yawning. And I've started to cough up a little phlegm now but as the cough I had recently was very dry that concerns me. I get a little pain sometimes, not always, in my back and/or chest when I do breathe deeply. Sometimes I also feel like I'm maybe forgetting to breathe or something because I realise I'm not breathing and I feel like I could sort of stop breathing for longer than I ought to be able to.

It's starting to really concern me, but as in the past when I do suffer with more severe anxiety it is usually my breathing it affects. I keep thinking it could be something like fluid in my lungs, or heart trouble, or a tumour or something.

I had a bit of an anxiety attack a couple of nights ago, but I don't know if thats related as I'd just had a very stressful day and the above issues were happening a few days before that anyway.

It's realyl worrying me so if anyone has suffered anything similar I'd really appreciate a response.

Thank you,
    Sarah.

Re: Breathing Difficulties

hi Sara iv had this i put a lot down swimming when i take a deep breath i get pains in chest and back its all muscle related you say u have had cough for a couple of weeks so i reckon u have pulled Ur muscles give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down take a couple of paracetamol

Re: Breathing Difficulties

Thanks melvin That's really reassuring. That makes so much sense if it's pulled muscles causing the tightness and pain and things. Will try paracetamol to see if it eases it.

Thread Information