Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very fast heart rate.

Very fast heart rate.

When I wake up in the morning totally relaxed, my heart rate is usually slow. 55-60 beats a min im guessing. But sometimes, my heart can race like SUPER FAST. I know i suffer from major anxiety problems, I was wondering how fast adrenaline or your mind can make your heart race ? I had a 24 hour holter monitor for skipped beats about four years ago, and they said everything was fine. Now i have a new symptom of my heart racing whenever i do very little physical activity. Or if i am worried about my heart rate and have my mind on it, if i than go out to walk to the store or do something, my heart pounds and races like a rabbit. I actually had to turn back home i couldnt make it to the store which is only a block or two away.

SHould I get an echo done?

regards

Re: Very fast heart rate.

This definitely could be palpitations caused by stress but why don't you get it checked out. I'd go to my gp. Although palps are very common there are also other arrythmia's that can occur and can get treated. If this is a new symptom then when you get it checked out then you can be reassured that it's anxiety and you can relax a bit. I'm sure it'll be anxiety though and nothing to worry about.
    Myra

I just took my blood pressure and pulse rate standing up as i was feeling nervous. Soon as i started taking my pressure i felt very anxious and nervous, i felt my heart speeding up, and felt heavy anxiety. The reading was like 122/92 and pulse of 140. and that im pretty sure was all from anxiety.

I get this quite a lot. You've had a 24hour monitor so you should be convinced that you have no arrhythmia's. It would have been picked up, even if your concern was for PVC's, the holter looks for any abnormalities including arrhythmia's.

Stress and anxiety can lead to a fast heart rate. I know this myself. If you focus on your heart and do activity, walking etc then the rate will increase faster than normal due to you being anxious about your heart and you'll end up magnifying the rate to be faster than what it actually is.

I had an echo done for my own peace of mind. It did reassure me for about 3 weeks then I was back worrying and thinking the echo was wrong. If you think it would help then suggest it to your doctor, but have a think about it first, will it really help for you long term?

x

well the holter i had was about 4 years ago or so. in 2006, think nov. I didnt really have any symptoms while on the monitor.

As far as my pulse. It def isnt exaggerated in my mind. it really flys. I just took my pulse reading as I was feeling very anxious and it was 140. the only thing reasurring about that reading for me is that i beleive that was strictly a reading from my anxiety. I got very nerous as i was taking it and my heart started racing. and than after i took it off it calmed down. So maybe anxiety really can boost ur heart rate to really high levels?

Anxiety can make your heart go fast. Your right. I was VERY VERY anxious/panicky in the hospital and my heart rate was 160, it took a while for it to come down. There was nothing wrong cardiac wise as they took several ECG's and then put me on a holter. Just put it down to anxiety. Your's sounds like it is too.

its hard for me cause i know i suffer from anxiety, but sometimes u have to think what came first the chicken or the egg, is a probably happening first and than causing the anxiety? Or is the anxiety coming first. Its really hard to know sometimes. I know I am really out of shape, I smoke way too much, and I am doing damage to myself. When i do even minor physical activities i feel my heart racing. I am not even sure if its a combo of my being aware of it plus the excercise, one the other or both

I am just like you in fact I have awful time if I have to go into any medical setting- even just sitting in the Dr surgery or visiting someone in hopsital my heart rate can go up to 140. The worst thing is every medical proceedure they do they always take your blood pressure and pulse first even your first appt with a consultant.
    I was supposed to have an endsocopy in the summer but they were running 3 hrs late and I had had nothing to eat from day before and it was about 3pm and I had sat there in waiting room for 3 hrs and my pulse would not come down from 140 so Dr said go home and calm down. It took about 2 hrs for my heart rate to get back to normal. Everytime this happens I have to have an ecg before they let me go home.
    I am now waiting for my endoscopy appt again and this time my GP has made a point of saying how anxious I am and asking for a morning appt.
    anything and everything makes my heart race and I also have pvcs all the time.

i too get a very fast heart beat esp when im feeling anxious and sometimes when im just chilling at home. its very scary. i am forever checking my pulse which is not helping the anxiety i know but just cant help it.

My heart rate gets extremely fast when im nervous/anxious, so much so I can virtually hear it thudding (well the blood rushing in my ears), plus I think it can feel as though its fluttering because its going that fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information