Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing the Doctor Tonight

Seeing the Doctor Tonight

I am going to see my Family Doctor tonight to see if he can help with my anexity and Pa's. I hope he can help because the last couple of days have been rough with palpatations and i feel like my heart stops and i cant breathe. I am also so sore in the shoulders and neck and when i wake up in the mornings i gag and almost throw up. I beleive that it is stress because the Cardiologist hasnt called and said anything bad about my heart monitor.

Harrisburg, Pa

These are indeed all very common anxiety symptoms.

Talk to him about some CBT with or without meds as you both feel is right for you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Just got back and my doctor put me on Zoloft and 1.0mg of Klonapin. He says that i suffer from Panic Disorder and that i am O.C.D which threw me for a loop. But he is the doc

Harrisburg, Pa

Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I do hope the meds help you a bit. Atleast take the edge off. I am sorry you are suffering so much. I do hope your heart monitor tests come back okay. So then you will be able to eliminate the heart problems as a stressor. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted as to how you are getting along. I also have OCD, which some days is worst than others, but not as bad as the PA`s ey? Like Meg said though all of the symptoms you mentioned are very common with anxiety. So no fear there atleast.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

I just never considered myself OCD. In fact i was a little upset when he told me that. I can see some aspects of it but it just threw me off guard.

Harrisburg, Pa

Hiya ogarchamplin - did he tell you what form of OCD you have and has he offered you any other treatment other than the medication?

Nicola

No he did not. He said i was obsessive with thought patterns which in a way i agree with. I am kinda of a Germa Phobe and i do check things before i leave the house. I think that he was really talking about how i concentrate on my heart and make matters worse. In fact he told me that i should not research OCD or Panic attacks on the internet because i would probally have all the symptons. I do have one question for all when you are really stressed out do you stratch yourself in your sleep?

Harrisburg, Pa

Hi ogarchamplin

Ok thanks for the reply. I think we all suffer from some form of OCD when we panic.

Now as for the scratching - well the last few weeks I have been itching all night and I am more stressed at the moment cos of work. You could have something there or it could be a complete co-incidence that I wake up itching and scratching all night.

Be good to see what others say as well!

Nicola

Hiya Ogarchamplin and Nic,

I too have been very itchy for the past 2-3 weeks now. However I think it may be because of the weather here. It is very cold. I`m not sure how the weather is there. Yet Ogarchamplin you may be on to something. Let`s see what everyone else says . I agree Nic I do think we all have a bit of OCD. I don`t think that is very unusual.

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

I had real bad anxeity last night. It took all my will not to rush to the hospital screaming that i was having a heart attack. I wish this medicine would work faster. I even went to the gym to try and get my mind off the PA but when i placed my hands on the treadmill it said my heart rate was 128 and i had only walked for a minute. So that scared the hell out of me. I am going crazy with this

Harrisburg, Pa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information