Thread: strange stomach sensation-advice needed

strange stomach sensation-advice needed

I have this strange sensation in my stomach it's like when you are going some where u don't know or an interview it's been like this for a few days now. The thing is though i'm not panicky nor do i feel like i'm going to have a panic attack coming on. I'm also doing this pulse checking thing again don't know why i'm doing that and i'm more aware of my breathing don't know why that is either it feels like i'm going mad,i don't want to get like when i had my first anxiety/panic attacks it was really horrible it took ages to get over it. I really need advice on this as i think there is something wrong with me is that me being stupid or a normal feeling to have.

linda xx

*I'm also doing this pulse checking thing again don't know why i'm doing that * Really make an effort to resist doing this.

Tummy thing - tonic water, eat something and find something that takes all your attention for a few hours.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Lin

My daughter suffered Pa'a, anxiaty from the age of 3 she is now 12 and doing very well [^]

One of her symptoms was a strange sensation in her stomach, she would always say "my tummy feels funny"
    You are not being stupid, please don't say that, this is a normal feeling to have when you suffer anxiety.
    Becasue we fear the symptom our minds go into overdrive and we start to think the what if's, this will only feed Mrs anxiety then she will target what we fear the most. **don't want to get like when I had my first anxiety/panic attack.
    Anxiety symptoms DO NOT always lead to panic.

Distract yourself, keep a check on your thoughts, think anything but anxiety.
    I know its hard Lin but try. The more happy thoughts you can put into your head the better.

You are not going mad, this is Mrs anxiety trying to scare you, she feeds on our fear, don't give her that fear Lin.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Every thought you think changes your biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you joy.
    Look for things that bring you a smile

Hi Lin

That 'nervous' tummy is awful isn't it - i think most of us with anxiety know exactly what you mean. At the moment I have it too but I know I AM anxious about specific things so it feels 'normal' but I get it at all sorts of times and it worries me more when I can't identify what I'm nervous about - that sums anxiety up. But just cos you don't know why you're anxious doesn't mean you're not because you become anxious about being anxious!!

It will pass more quickly if you don't pay too much attention to it. Be kind to yourself and distract yourself as much as you possibly can. And know that there are hundreds of us out here that feel exactly the same!

Good luck - I hope it passes quickly for you xxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

I get sensations like this alot.

It's like a knot in you lower stomach with mild butterflies. It's really uncomfortable and tends to last all day for me.

I find that sometimes I get it in the evening which stops me from falling asleep. A Hot Water Bottle or Heatpad helps sooth it enough to help me doze off.

I get the stomach thing but mine feels like really bad hunger even if I've eaten. I just try to take sips of a drink and ride with it.

I also do the pulse checking thing and its a really bad habit to get into. After I had my DS I had some medical problms which affected my heart and made it beat very slow and then when I came home I started to have panic attacks and my heart raced. I used to take my pulse and find it was reacing and of course there was nothing I could do about it except that it scared me more - it was a futile exercise. I admit that I still do it on occassion but it doesn't worry me anymore. I just think that as long as my heart is beating then I am ok!!!

Annie x

Hi Lin

I get it too and it's nothing to worry about. It's kinda like nervousness, bad hunger pains and your tummy churns like mad. I had it this morning, (but it could have had something to do with being hungover!) It's just like they said, once you start those 'what if' thoughts your mind runs away with itself and I have to admit I did it myself this morning and ended up running to the bathroom to throw up. But you know what, afterwards I thought to myself this isn't going to run my life anymore! I find the best way to get through them is distraction. This morning I thought about a scuba diving lesson I had in the maldives on holiday last year all the little fishes and sharks swimming around and the beautiful ocean and scenery. And you know what it worked! Perhaps you could think of happy memories or places? It's worth a try. And just keep telling yourself you are going to be fine because you are.

Take care

Emma

Thread Information