Thread: Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

Hmm not sure if this is going to sound crude, hope not!! When I pass stools, sometimes when im wiping I see small fleck of red blood on the toilet paper (not actally within the stools, but after ive been wiping quite a few times). Just concerned what this is, I dont think I have piles, there arent any lumps I dont think, not that I can feel anyways.

Also, once when I had to strain quite alot there was blood in my stools....

Sorry, know that doesnt sound v nice to post about!! Dont really want to bother the doc again, but worried, its been happening years I would say!(argh, surely piles if it was that would ahve cleared up!)
    Plus sometimes I have loose stools for no reason and other times they are er firmer and much harder!

Re: Blood on toilet paper after bowel movement

Quote Originally Posted by louise123_uk View Post
    Hmm not sure if this is going to sound crude, hope not!! When I pass stools, sometimes when im wiping I see small fleck of red blood on the toilet paper (not actally within the stools, but after ive been wiping quite a few times). Just concerned what this is, I dont think I have piles, there arent any lumps I dont think, not that I can feel anyways.

Also, once when I had to strain quite alot there was blood in my stools....

Sorry, know that doesnt sound v nice to post about!! Dont really want to bother the doc again, but worried, its been happening years I would say!(argh, surely piles if it was that would ahve cleared up!)
    Plus sometimes I have loose stools for no reason and other times they are er firmer and much harder!
    I get that a lot if it's fresh blood there isn't anything to worry about in fact this morning I went to the loo and had a fair amount on the paper I felt sore from the inside so I knew I got a little tear whilst going , my stools can be very hard at time and that can make you bleed a little but do check with your gp for reassurance, i haven't been to mine as I know it's a tear because i always have a sore bottom after going to the loo when i have hard stools.

I hope this put your mind at rest.

helen

Thanks for your post, really want to try and avoid troubling doc for a while (went twce last week for various things, oops). Yeah my bottom does er sting alittle sometimes and think I have a tendance to er overwipe (as in too many times) and think maybe this could cause the slight blood? It is bright red blood.

I get this sometimes but know i have a pile inside, OMG it only started cos i take iron for anamia, so i have movecol a few times a day which helps, and i saw them on an advert on telly and tried dulco ease and they are fab!! my doc said i can keep taking them even with the movecol. as well you need to drink loads of fluids, your daily intake including a glass of orange juice would be good, but as with anything it takes it time to work!
    hope your okay

julie

Piles or a fissure I would bet.

You can get some cream for it from the chemist.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i have a fissure and omg it really hurts when i have to go sometimes, yeh sounds like a tear or piles

yeah Id say its nothing to worry about. A couple of months back I went and the toilet paper was very red after. I freaked out. Dr diagnosed a fissure, gave me some cream and it had cleared up within two days. She also told me that I shouldn't worry at all about small "spotting" at all - its very common.

Thread Information