Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swiching from normal seroquel to xl version

swiching from normal seroquel to xl version

swiching from normal seroqeul to seorqeul xl
    just as title says , im scared to swich, i take 25mg 4 times aday of normal and doc wants me to swich to seroquel xl[slow realese], so just 50mg twice a day, im scared , bout if i have a reaction or summit, i want to make cahnge but cant. help pls
    seroquel 200mg xr pm ------ weaned down to 150mg-------now 100mg------ 50mg---------NONE-----back on 50mg

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Re: swiching from normal seroquel to xl version

Slow release will allow you to absorb exactly the same amount as before - u have been on 100 a day and still will be. The 50 will be released twice as slow as the quick release - I am sure you will be fine... x

I also take seroquel (quitiapine). 200mg morning, 200mg afternoon and 400mg at night. I take the regular seroquel, but would be interested in taking the slow release ones as it is a pain having them (and other meds) all the time.

Like loulabella said, you will still be getting the same amount of medication but relased over a prolonged period. Don't be afraid to take it, you will be fine.

I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck xxx

thanx , ive been waiting for a repile for so long,, i just not had the guts to do it yet, i mite start tonite as im not on my own again untill mon, x

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

well done, please keep us informed on your progress xx

well girls, ive taken them on my second, so only been a day, feel fine, i will get back to yo after a fwe days to say how im feeling ect, as it wll b intresting to see how i am on monday morn, when just on my own with baby, thtas were i need the help, and as they are slow release i should feel better in morns.x

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

Good on you bomberbeamish!

Please let me know how things go, if you feel any different on a morning. I can feel sedated on a morning with taking such a large dose on the evening, but if I didn't take so much I wouldn't be able to sleep as my mind goes into overdrive when I go to bed.

I am due to see my psychiatrist next month and I will ask him if the slow realise version will be suitable for me.

Good luck xx

well still going strong, cant say its made much difference not that ive noticed as the moment, but its sooooooooooooo much easyier just taking them twice aday with my other meds. xx i keep you posted xxx

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

its monday morning, feel good, dont know if that because i got my mum coming round, but i have got doctors at 8.50 am, and i dont like going there and normally very nervous, but i will say i have a had a diaizpam as well.

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

well its wendesday, and im good, even went out this morning, so the change was good, im fine xxxxxx

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information