Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

Day 4

Well not too bad today - didn't sleep a lot again last night , and have felt sortt of fuzzy and not very mentally sharp today.
    But I drove from Nottingham to Cardiff at 7am had a meetting and drove back, and never felt tires once. And the journey seemed to pass a lot quicker than it usually does. Maybe I'm not over thinking all the time? But I am a variable sort of mood chap anyway so could be the pills - could be me !

Otherwise not too bad - a little off food, but nothing puts me off that much.

Intend to try a nytol tonight to see what happens as can have a later start to work tomorrow.

Day 5

The nytol was great - slept a lot better - up for the loo once but straight back to sleep again as far as I can remember.
    Definitely don't want to get going this morning though !!!!!!
    But am ok besides this thick head feeling. I know it will pass.

Off to dr this afternoon to talk about the sleep and maybe mention the *other* side effect that I alluded to above
    Although in the great scheme of things perhaps it's not that important.

Could easily go to sleep at my desk right now to be honest !
    Not a good idea.

Will update later re dr visit.

Day 5 update

Saw the doctor - who suggested first that it was just the depression making me stay awake. I reminded her I slept like a log until I started taking citalopram, so she suggested that I stop taking them. But having put up with 5 days of side effects I said I'd rather persist.
    So she gave me 14 zopiclone 7.5 mg, to be taken "as necessary", but to be honest they look a bit heavy duty, and I may just keep going alternating Clonazepam and Nytol nightly until I settle down to sleep pattern again, as I'm sure I will.
    Otherwise not too bad so far.

Nice to have other folk to talk to, even if electronically.
    Martin

Re: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

maybe you could cut zipiclone in half, 3.75mg is what i have reduced too from 7.5mg they did help me get sleeping again,you could even alternate nytol, take the broken in half tablet with a good drink of milk because it will taste nasty, ask doctor for 3.75mg pills if possible then if you need you can take two. you will have a nasty taste in your mouth during day so get some sweets or chewing gum.
    If you can do without it would be better, but i found with regular sleep i became stronger and more able to deal with the day in turn reduce sleeping pills.
    nice to speak to you martin
    take care love crissy xxx

hi crissy,

Thanks very much - I love an excuse to eat sweets !!
    I'll go without tonight - I do get the feeling that I might be getting a little better at sleep, and am only on day 5 - but it's one of those things, the harder you try to go to sleep the worse it gets!
    So will update tomorrow.

thanks for the message .....
    Martin

Day 6

Great nights sleep thanks to the clonazepam (half a .5mg tab), and other than being a bit far away and dreamy - not too bad today at all.

Starting to feel slightly optimistic that this stuff may actually work, but I know day 6 is very early days.
    Starting to worry that if this works well I will want to stay on it for ever. And doubt my gp will allow that !
    Although I do have a long history of panic and anxiety issues so you never know!

See you tomorrow !!!

Day 7

Dong well today - early start for church - I am keyboard player organist in St Martin's church in Sherwood - and it all went very well today - was worried I may be wobbly or unfocussed -but went great.
    Still feel vague and forgetful of names and stuff - but beginning slowly not to care! Took Nytol last night - but will try a night tonight without anything and see if I'm settling down yet.
    Otherwise doing ok.
    Can't sense any hightened anxiety, maybe even a litle less than usual - so possibly kicking in? Like I keep saying us depressed folks are so variable it's had to attribute anything to pills until it becaomre very clear.

Thanks for reading - next update tomorrow from desk at work (where I have just been given notice of intended redundancy!!)

happy for you martin, keep it up, you are doing so well.

have a good day tommorowx

love crissy xxxxx

Day 8

Thanks Crissy

Well - I forgot to take any sleep aids last night as I had a late night - was a little restless but seemed to get sleep from 1am until 9am - blimey must be a record

I feel a bit vague still - and sort of slightly anxious - but nothing like I have been doing so something is working.

Nothing much to report otherwise - a slightly odd taste in my mouth - and slightly more tingly today - but nothing unmanageable.

Found that diet red bull does actually give me a bit of a boost.
    Before cit, it used to make me so wired I couldn't think!
    Not be overdone I suspect!

And - am another pound heavier today though (that's 2 lbs in a week), in spite of me *thinking* I am eating less.
    Will need to watch that as I need to lose about a stone anyway!

More tomorrow !
    Last edited by martbarr; 25-01-10 at 14:30.

Day 9

Nytol again - slept from 11:30 until 9am so catching up on some sleep at last.
    Although feel "anyhow" today - a bit unfocussed, and sort of not quite with it.
    But to be fair I often get like that when catching up on sleep.

Otherwise a very slight trembly feeling and feel a bit generally itchy today.

I feel like I'm at the point where citalopram is lifting me up over the side effects, and it's ceasing to be something I'm watching out for. Good news!

I know we're all different, and do feel very bad for those folk who get bad side effects, but so far I have to say it's not been anywhere need as bad as I imagined it would be.

Besides being harder to sleep, the only other big side effect is the very delayed, almost inability to e*ulate ( sorry ladies - no other way of saying it! ), which is frustrating, but will try to keep in perspective.

Thanks for reading - back tomorrow!

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information