Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

Re: Gonna keep a record here of my citalopram journey!

Hi Matt

So great to hear you're doing so well, you hear such horror stories about SSRI's and i'm afraid i'm one of them. I've been on seroxat for 3 months and it's been horrific. I've never tried citalopram, was on cipralex which took about 5 weeks to work...i thought that was bad until i tried the serox.

Sorry to hear about your 'problem', it's very common i'm afraid (for the ladies too), but it must be awful for the men. I'm sure i saw some threads on this site about it. Didn't bother reading them as i'm just not well enough for it even to be an issue.

You really are doing great
    Love and Hugs
    Bexie

Hey Bexie,

I knew when I wrote the previous update that most of us folks would consider the sex thing so far off the agenda as to be irrelevant.

And I guess it's the case - we all have priorities - finding my way back to feeling normal is more important to me for example. Thankfully my wife feels the same priority - but I can see how this issue would cause unwanted tension with unsympathetic relationships or even hostile ones in some cases.

I think these pills may reduce our sex drive to a basic physical thing - and if there's no "need", then there's no problem. The emotional level will just have to wait, but, for most, does need restoring too. I also guess for some, that side of a relationship is actually part of a healing process. We are all so different, whatever the media and magazines say about it.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I hope you feel better really soon, and that all the pleasure of life soon become just that for you.

Martin

Day 10

Hmmm

Ever get those days where you can't remember peoples names, and things just don't seem to flow in your mind properly?

Well I'm having one of them !!!

Otherwise hanging in - slept ok last night with a quarter of a .5 clonazepam tab - but am "unsettled" today, like something's wrong but don't know what - and also a bit anxious for no obvious reason, and don't feel like I'm fully awake (it's 10:30 at my desk at work)

Weight is up again two more pounds - that's not that unusual for me as I do fluctuate like crazy (bad choice of words!) so am drinking loads of water today and hoping to get back down to normal.
    I know ladies fluctuate sometimes, but I'm a fella - erm I think!
    Not sure of anything today

more tomoz!

Mart

Hi Mart

Sounds like you are doing great with the meds, stick with it it will get better from here, I am now on week 4 and feel so much better.

I also got CBT therapy as well and that really helps to understand the panick and anxiety attacks and how to control them.

I am enjoying reading you journey with Citalopram so keep up your log.

Love

Megan xx

Day 11

Well - you get some days better than others I guess.
    Yesterday was a vague forgetful day for me, and today am feeling quite anxious about it all - are these pills helping or not??
    Bit of a headache - too two paracetamol+codeine pills - going off now.
    Slept reasonably with a kalms tablet in the night to ensure I drifted off again which I did.

But I do realise I am less than 2 wks in, and I should not expect to be that greatly improved just yet. Maybe I need to shift up to 30mg - but maybe I should just be patient and let these things work.

After all today is a day that God didn't have to give me - so I'm gonna look for the good things and try to ignore the rest!!!!!

Hope we're all doing fine - this is a nice community where we can share in safety. And I like it !

More tomorrow - or later if I feel like it

xMartin

Re: Day 11

hey martin, i have been on them 6 weeks now with no effect, was upped to 40 mg from 20mg so need to give that time to kick in! i am struggling to be patient, however, hearing that for people it took longer than 6 weeks to kick in has kept me persistent in my efforts! I hope they work for you (and me) haha!

J

Re: Day 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jipple View Post
    hey martin, i have been on them 6 weeks now with no effect, was upped to 40 mg from 20mg so need to give that time to kick in! i am struggling to be patient, however, hearing that for people it took longer than 6 weeks to kick in has kept me persistent in my efforts! I hope they work for you (and me) haha!

J
    Yes my dr reckons three months b4 deciding if they work on not.
    Hope they kick in soon for you.
    How long you been on 40mg - did you find the dose increase went well - too early to say?

Martin you have such a good attitude that you deserve to get better. I hope the meds start working for you soon. You are also helping yourself with your positive attitude. Well done.
    Myra

Quote Originally Posted by myra View Post
    Martin you have such a good attitude that you deserve to get better. I hope the meds start working for you soon. You are also helping yourself with your positive attitude. Well done.
    Myra
    Hey - thank you kind lady!
    We seem to be in the same boat so may as well enjoy the trip!
    Even if my teeth are gritted and smile maybe a *bit* fake,
    and sometimes I even have to resort to positive thinking,
    in spite of my chatter box.
    (no not my lovely wife - I mean my "inside" chatter box!)

xMartin

Day 12

Not too bad so far today - only been up a few hours though

Now - am piling on weight for no apparent reason.
    Since starting cit 12 days ago, I'm 7 pounds heavier and seemingly no end to it.

Have started a sachet type meal replacement diet today in the hope to turn this one round. I lost 4 stone last year on cambridge diet and I do not want to put it back, and this one is becoming a big deal for me!
    Will let you know how it goes.

Otherwise side effects seems to be diminishing - less tingles, no more headaches, still slightly unsettled sleep but not too bad. But still no major breakthrough in cognition, mood etc - but am being as patient as I can.

Final thought - I've been taking fish oil and flax seed oil for a few days as I thought a small dose would help anxiety - but apparently not with me. It seems to make me more unsettled and anxious - so have binned that and will see how that goes as well. Don't want to change too many variables at once - but there ya go!

Back tomorrow peeps !!!!!
    Have a great day everyone!
    xM
    Last edited by martbarr; 29-01-10 at 12:51.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information