Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kym's Diary Of Coping And Getting Better! And No Panic Attacks...i hope

Post Kym's Diary Of Coping And Getting Better! And No Panic Attacks...i hope

hey all!

I just wanted to update everyone, and ive decided with the help im getting, im gonna write a diary, for u all to see, and get insperation from.
    Well as most of u know, ive had a pretty tough weekend, constant panic since Thursday night, been in and out of doctors and the hospital thinking i was going mad and needed to be sectioned.
    Well today, went to see my doctor again, in tears still, and he said he wanted to send me back to the hospital again to speak to a psychiatric nurse, so i went to see him at half 6 this evening. Broke down in front of him aswell, explained my situation to him, that i couldnt cope, panicing all the time, scared of being alone and i said to him i wanted to be sectioned. He then said he was gonna talk to the crises team and get them to help me, only problem was i had to wait till 10pm to see them , he did join me outside for a fag and a chat about motobikes though, he was a lovely guy
    So... the lady i spoke to at 10pm, she was nice, first person i didnt cry to, she explained how the crises team work, which is they will help you for 4-5 weeks before being placed onto the short term care at the NHS. In these 4-5 weeks, they will visit me everyday to begin with, also doctors visit aswell, to discuss medication. They will take me out, try and get me going outside more etc.
    I feel like a great weight has been lifted of my shoulders, and im actually sitting here smiling. Im actually getting the help ive been crying out for. I think they just try and hold of giving this help out straight away or they wont be able to cope with the demand of patients.
    So ive decided, everyday, i will give you all an update on the crises team, how i am, and how i am coping.
    Im hoping this will give you some insperation, i know what some of you are thinkin, 'oh ill never be able to do that', ive thought that all weekend when someone has said to me ull be fine its ok. i just wanted to scream at them that i wouldnt be ok, and ill be like this forever.
    Well ramble over now lmao
    Over and out xxxxx

Re: Kym's Diary Of Coping And Getting Better! And No Panic Attacks...i hope

Good luck Kym. Hope it works out for you.

hi kym

im pleased for you and hope you get well soon, have you had anxiety for a while? where do you live as you seem to have very understanding doctor.

Hiya Ella, thanks hun

May, thanks, yeah ive had anxiety for 2 years, really badly. but tonight has been like a snap. Im from northampton. Believe me its taken lots of tears and stress to get to this stage with help!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Wish you well Kym. I'll be following your diary with interest....

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hey Kym,

Good Luck with the crisis team and I for one am definitely looking forward to the updates and also to use it as a motivational read...I really need to start sorting it out too so maybe reading what you do will help me to start doing it too!!

Really glad things are looking up for you

Candy xx

It sounds like you have had a hard time recently, so I hope you find writing the diary will help. It's something I wish I'd done ten years ago when I was have major anxiety problems.

Morning guys
    Well i had a okish night last night, fell asleep at about 1am (didnt get back from hosp till 11pm) but i fell asleep naturally I could feel panic trying to take over me, but as i was in a good mood from the hospital help i got last night, i was fighting it, and didnt have a major one. I did wake up at half 3, started to panic a little, could feel my eyes dropping, but couldnt get back into a deep sleep. Had to get up and remove some cardboard off my balcony which the wind was banging against the wall, rather annoying. So at about 4ish i took a sleeping pill, and woke up at half 9 this morning. Feel a but panicy, but im trying to fight it. Feel a little lonely again, and miss my ex and wish he was here seeing how good im doing. Ive got the psychratic nurse coming to see me between 12 and 1pm today, so will give u an update a little later this afternoon
    Thanks for all your messages, really helps
    Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Hi Kym
    I think you are doing really well and admire you for making sure you get the help you deservedly need. I am pleased for you that you have a good gp. Its good to know that there is the help there if you need it.
    I know it is easy for me to say, but for now try and put your ex to the back of your mind, and concentrate on you getting better. This is about you and your wellbeing.
    I am reading both your threads with interest so please keep updating.
    I hope you have a better day.
    Sending you hugs

Good luck Kym ,Your Dr sounds lovely and supportive ,it can make so much difference to your recovery knowing you have someone you can chat to comfortably ,and who listens to what you are saying .Having people there for you when you feel like you do is reassuring and a great comfort ,Somehow it gives you a feeling of not being so alone and frightened ..Hope today is better for you Kym .I will be reading your Diary with great interest .t/c Luv Sue xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information