Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hugs for our Nic

Re: Hugs for our Nic

Hi Nic, its not a failure at all, you were feeling pretty rotten even before you got to the hospital, so perhaps on a day you had felt more generally well you might have managed it, dont be so hard on yourself.
    the consultant who sent me for one, told me he wouldnt like to go in it either!!
    If you wanted to try again, i would recomend some sort of sedation, i took small doses of valium from the night before my appointment ( i never take a tablet, even for headache unless i need to) up until my appointment, because i was so so scared, and it really did help. and as you now know how tight it is, i had to make sure i kept my eyes closed or i wouldnt have been able to stay in it.

Anyway, hope you get back to 'normal' soon.

Tc

P x

nic
    i think you did really well to even try hun...
    i hope you are feeling better
    rach
    x

Sending you love and hugs xxx

Thank You everyone.

I am not sure what to do now. They could try it with sedation I guess but I will discuss this with the doc.

I wish they could do it with a CT scan but they said today it isn't as detailed as an MRI so I am a bit limited.

I feel much better this evening having only eaten some soup and the drinks I have for the Crohn's so let's hope it will soon all clear up again.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

from me too.

What a tough day! I think you did really well to give the MRI a try. Speak to doc and see what they think is best...

Glad you're feeling better tonight

x

My heart goes out to you Nicola. Empathise totally!! (Been there, done that. Or rather been there, NOT done that. )

Sending you lots of warm wishes and looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

xx

Rozie

hi you have my sympathies, first attempt at mri for me was a no go, i could not even take sedation as part of my ha is that i cant take meds (phobic about their side effects) but then a really understanding tech came up with a solution next time round, he suggested i went in with my arms above my head, they allowed my hubby in with me and my hubby counted down the 30 mins for me by holding my hand which was stuck out the other end and squeezing it gently each time a minute had passed, the tech also told me to remember i was in control and could abort the procedure at any time, the other thing that freaked me out was if the bed mechanism failed and i was stuck inside, the tech showed me that the "tray" thingie that you lie on can also be pulled out manually if required :-) i got through it by thinking right i will just stay here till the next hand squeeze .. and so on till i had counted down from 30.... hope this helps somewhat...

Thanks Kathee

Alex was in with me and holding my head. They said I had to be right in the middle of the scanner cos they were scanning my abdomen. If was my leg or head I would not have had to go in so far.

I am not sure I would like my hands over my head - I just wanted to be able to move around in there and realised I can't.

I think there are different sizes of scanner so maybe this one is small lol

I have never failed to have anything done to me before and I have had a lot done over the last year so I feel bad about this but Alex said that he could tell I would never tolerate the MRI once he saw how closed in it was.

Maybe I can try again I don't know but I hate wasting resources and time on the NHS.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nic

Sorry to know you have been ill - I can wholeheartly sympathise with the MRI scan its a horrible experience

I was in one for 4hrs - my arms ached from being over my head as I needed a full body scan - I wasn't aware sedation could have been requested so the timescale in the scanner was long and ardious

The staff are very aware that people become claustraphobic - so they tend to stretch a bit with the understanding - the main thing is you tried and didn't leg it at the first opportunity.

I sincerely hope the next attempt should you opt for sedation goes smoothly - I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take Care - Dee xx

Dee xx

Nic,

I do hope you feel better soon and am truly sorry the MRI scan went so badly for you. I don't know where you live but you might call a big city near you and see if they have MRI scanners that are open. I've only had them in the closed ones but know of a friend that recently had a scan in an open one and she said it was so much better.

Hope you feel better

Love,

Laura

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information