Thread: Worried, stomach problems

Worried, stomach problems

Hi, please any advice is helpful. I have been suffering with acid stomach for about 6 months. Doc put me on omeprazole 20mg and have been much better in general since until last couple of weeks. Have been getting nausea again and a sudden feeling like I may gag and a sore tummy, like a burning/stinging feeling just below my sternum. Today I forgot my omeprazole and took a zantac instead whilst out as I had acid heartburn. I have emetophobia (fear of vomiting) and am terrified I have stomach oesophageal cancer or liver cancer etc and am terrified that doc will order endoscopy as this is out of the question for me! Please help, why is the omeprazole not working so well anymore? Why am I so afraid of these symptoms, which is probably making things worse? Why, when I was doing so well and had come so far. Do I have something serious wrong??

Re: Worried, stomach problems

Hi my sister has acid reflux which sound a bit like your symptoms. Why not pop to the docs and get checked out instead of worrying?

Have they suggested diet changes to help with it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No, he just suggested endoscopy, which is simplyout of the question for an emetophobe! Which is why I am afraid to go back. My diet is pretty good to be honest, I have always had to be very careful with what I eat. No fried food, very little meat and fats etc. I have a lot of knowledge about diet so don't think there is room for manoevre there. I just feel I am trapped now, Sure I have something bad wrong, but terrified of the tests needed to find out. Has anyone else had problems whilst taking omeprazole? I don't know why it worked but seems to have stopped now.

My symptoms are very similar with a few others thrown in for added flavour!
    I was also prescribed Omeprazole but they dont do much. Admittedly, I dont take them everyday (I also have a phobia of medication side effects).
    The only thing I take which is the best for me is Charcoal tablets. They are specifically for wind, acid and indigestion. Also no side effects. After taking 2 or 3 I find that symptoms will ease withing 5 minutes. get them from the Chemist.

Forgot to say, dont worry about Endoscopy. Ive had 3 or 4 and I was out for the count in all of them. As usual its the worry of it more than the procedure. Needless to say, nothing was found.

Thread Information