Thread: Herbal Remedies

Herbal Remedies

Hi All, I'm new to this site and wondered if any of you had any information on the best herbal remedies for anxiety/panic. I take Passiflora tablets daily (I was told by the people in the health shop that these were better than Valerian or St John Wort Extract)-does anyone else agree with this? I don't know if they have helped or its just a placebo effect, they certainly don't work like magic (as I'm sure nothing does) but I feel safer having taken them (if that makes sense?!) I also carry rescue remedy everywhere, I do find that help at times.
    Anyway if anyone has any suggestions on what actually is best to take it would be much appreciated. I'm trying not to go down the medication route if possible and feel taking herbal remedies gives me at least some control (well it feels as though I'm doing something positive anyway!)
    Thanks in advance and take care everyone!

Re: Herbal Remedies

Hi there
    Have you tried rescue remedy
    They say that is good as well.

Joan

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by joans60 View Post
    Hi there
    Have you tried rescue remedy
    They say that is good as well.

Joan
    Yeah-I've tried it thanks, I carry a bottle everywhere with me! I find the spray good, its more discrete to use in public places!

I use Kalms Sleep to help me sleep, cammomile tea, also Rescue Remedy and another sleep aid is Asda drink Sleep Easy although that is rather sweet.
    All those things help me stay calm although I feel a lot better since I've been on Ciprolax

Quote Originally Posted by lindor View Post
    I use Kalms Sleep to help me sleep, cammomile tea, also Rescue Remedy and another sleep aid is Asda drink Sleep Easy although that is rather sweet.
    All those things help me stay calm although I feel a lot better since I've been on Ciprolax
    Thanks for the info, I'll get some of the cammomile tea to drink at work, I don't usually have problems sleeping or a night (touch wood!) its mainly just in the day I experience the anxiety and panic.
    I've thought about going to the doctors and the possibility of prescribed medication, I'm very scared about the whole thing-but at least I know the options there!

I've been taking Kalms the last few days. I had also been taking multivitamins with ginseng and gingko biloba for a while. I stopped them when the bottle ran out. The following few days seen my mood low. I started them again, along with the Kalms, and I can honestly say that I feel brighter again - I don't know if it's a coincidence. I find it difficult to accept that herbal remedies help, wrong idea I know, but I just feel better somehow. My mother does always point out that lots of medications are derived from plants, so I suppose herbal remedies can help. I will definitely stick with the ginseng and gingko biloba.
    Myra

Thread Information