Thread: Withdrawing from Citalopram/Cipramil

Withdrawing from Citalopram/Cipramil

I've recently decided to start withdrawing from Cipramil. I have been on it now for about 7 weeks, the third time I've tried it in 5 years. I managed to get up to 20mg for a few weeks but just could'nt hack the side effects. Ive been back to 10mg for 2 weeks and have started taking one every other day. I have recently started to feel as If I have been away somwehere and have just returned. Like the last few months have all been a dream, and for a person who does'nt like change then this feeling is awful. Any advice? anyone ever felt like this?

Hi,

I came off Citalopram 8 weeks ago after 7 years and the first few weeks were very hard, it was as if all of my emotions had been supressed for the whole time I was on them, and as they left my system everything hit home, I spent 3 weeks crying over every little thing.

After the first 3 weeks everything started to settle back down though, and now I feel really good, so my advice would be to give it time and you will start to feel better.

Take Care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi Trac,

Thanks for that. I've actualy woken up this morning and I feel as If I've woken up in a different lifetime. Did you ever have those sort of feelings? I'ts really scary stuff.

hiya sweetie im so sorry 2 hear ur feeling bad especially at this time of year.just try and keep ur chin up and remember ull get through this rough patch.dont forget im always here if u need 2 chat babe.take care ((big hugs))and keep smilin
    luv mooxXx

Hi, I am in the process of weaning off citalopram and onto dosulipin. I was on citalopram 40mg but reduced to 20mg daily last week while taking the new antidepressant as well. I have been in a real state, very jittery, agitated, anxious, weepy and having the horrible suicidal feelings. I do not know if it is the reduction in citalopram or whether it is just my head. Have been on citalopram since April and the first two weeks were fantastic I was Buzzing!!!! That was as good as it got for me though, since then the meds were increased and I have declined generally into a pretty bad depression with lots of morbid thoughts. I am due to see the GP again mid January but wonder how long I might have to take the citalopram alongside Dosulipin.

Sorry, going off on a tangent! Hang on in there and know that you are not alone with your withdrawals - there is enough turkey about at this time of year without us doing a cold turkey!!!

All the best, hope you feel better soon

Thread Information