Thread: Week long panic attack

Week long panic attack

For the past week I have been having what I would describe as a sustained mild to moderate panic attack. My heart and mind have been running in overdrive, I have had tightness in my chest and back, I have been on edge, near tears and unable to focus or sit still. Finally tonight at an event with my two olderst sons, I was convinced I was having a heart attack and nearly fainted. Thanks God I had been through this before and didn't rush to the ER this time. I tried my best to act normal or at least not attract anybody's attention. Finally it passed and like a fever breaking after infection I am finally feeling better than I have felt all week. I am exhausted from the worry but I know the worst is behind me for now. One of the things that got me through this horrible attack and culmination this evening is all the posts I have read here over the years. People sharing their experiences and fears has given me new armor agaisnt this dreadful disease. Thank you all and God bless. Remember we don't have to let this ruin our lives.

Re: Week long panic attack

Hello there

Im sorry to hear your feeling so anxious i myself have had a very hard and stressful week.

I havent been having panic attacks but ive been very anxious and that makes my heart beat abit faster so i can relate.

you have my love and support good luck.

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Re: Week long panic attack

I'm so happy for you that you made it through a tiring week! Your own personal experiences make you stronger and makes you learn about yourself and what helps you calm down and find peace. I think you're like me and know the logical stuff to calm yourself down but when you're caught in the moment you're mind takes over matter and it seems impossible but you just gotta keep trying and don't give up on yourself!

Thread Information