Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Im going to my 1st appointment tonight

Well I finally found myself a hypnotherapist.

Was chatting to my neighbour over the garden fence, as I have done for the last 7 years, when we started discussing anxiety.

She informed me that she had suffered herself some 13 years ago, and had ended up being hospitalised for 3 months.

She told me that her salvation had come when she had been recommended a hypnotherapist.

She gave me his number and I went for an appointment yesterday.

The first 10 minutes we just talked about the problems, how long I'd had them etc.

I was then hypnotized and although totally under, I was aware of everything going on around me and of the questions and my answers.

He spoke to my sub conscious the whole time, asking at which ages certain events had occured to contribute to the anxiety.

We talked about 2 specific ages, and about the feelings that I had at those given times.

Very in depth, so wont bore you all with the details. Some are a bit too personal anyhow!!!

I was under for 1 and a half hours, though it felt like about 10 minutes.

I was very, very sceptical about it all, to be honest, BUT I have to report that I have noticed big changes in myself following the session.

I can't explain it. As I said, I never for a moment believed that it would make any difference to me at all.

But, things in my thoughts have changed for the better, so anything that makes a difference has to be worth it.

Kate x

I'm so pleased Kate .

I hope it has a beneficial effect . So many people have reported its benefits .

Are you going again ?

Meg

See kate [^]

Told you you would love it - ner, ner, ner ner ner!!

Glad it helped and hope you will keep going back

xx

Nicola

Meg and Nic,

Thanks for the replies.

He asked my sub conscious how long it would need before it felt ready to tackle more issues and I replied a month.

So, I will be going back after this time. He reckons one more session should be enough.

Have got a reinforcing tape from him as well to listen to every day if possible. I listened to it earlier and it worked as quickley as it did yesterday when I was actually having the session.

As I said, I was very sceptical and I really can't believe how different I am feeling.

Thanks for your words of encouragement, both!

Kate x

Hiya Kate

Im so pleased that you have found a hypnotherapist that you trust and get on with.

I was really sceptical too but it worked a treat for me aswell.

I really hope you can work on the issues and I really hope it continues to be a great benefit.

looks like this could be the beginning of a new you eh?

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for the reply.

I really didn't expect to feel any different at all, to be perfectly honest!

I too hope that it will be a turning point and I'm glad to hear that it also helped you as well!

Take care

Kate x

During my hypno session last Tuesday, we discussed in depth my PND, my feelings at that time and my subsequent relationship with my daughter over the last 12 years.

Since then, my relationship with my daughter has been fantastic. I can't explain why, but things have definately changed for the better, which I am very pleased about.

But, since this and another matter have been dealt with, I have been aware of my violence fears becoming more and more intense.

Could this be because other issues have been resolved and this is now the only real cause of my anxiety?

I had been dealing well with things like the kids going to the cinema and shopping etc with their friends, only having slight twinges of worry.

But I am now going over the top again with the worrying.

There are so many things I can't do cos of the violence anxiety.

I can't go on public transport, might witness violence.

On the motorway I could be stuck in a traffic jam which may incite road rage, violence again, etc etc, you get the general picture.

I think it was Meg who said time without incident is the key to overcoming your problems.

Well, I haven't witnessed any violence at all for several months now but I STILL can't relax as if I did see any act of violence it would then set me back again, so feel like I can't take the risk so don't face the things that are scaring me.

I am just so frustrated at all the things I can't do due to this fear.

I wanted to go to the meet at Nic's today but can't cos of these stupid fears.

Just hope that next session at hypno will address these fears and I can have some kind of a life back.

Just had to get all this off my chest, thanks for listening

Luv Kate x

Hiya Kate

I am aware of your problems with violence but I have to say that you haven't mentioned it as much recently so that has to be a good sign doesn't it. Shows that it doesn't rule your life quite as much but I appreciate that it is still there in the background chipping away at you.

Ask them to specifically concentrate on this area in the hypnotherapy and see what comes out of it.

As for the meet yesterday, well as you couldn't make it we decided to hold it at your house next LOL. Only kidding. I will get up to see you soon ok?

Big hug to you

xx

Nicola

Hi Nic,

The violence thing is still the reason why I don't do things/go places.

I don't mention it cos it's old news lol!!!

I'm going through another delightful depressive spell at the moment which is really annoying me cos I'm on holiday.

Mind you, have noticed that all my depressions seem to come during the holidays. Not enough to occupy my mind maybe?

You know me, wont talk about how I feel unless I really have to [:I]

See you soon then!!

Kate x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information