Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im going to my 1st appointment tonight

Im going to my 1st appointment tonight

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know, ive got an appointment tonight at 7:30 for hypnotherapy.

Its my next line of defence against this panic lark...lol

Im nervous about it but hoping its going to work for me, ive prepared myself by doing yoga and exercise today so im well rid of excess adrenaline and feeling relaxed.

Not feeling relaxed about the price tho...its £70 a session!!![:0]

Will let you know how I get on!!

love Sarah[:X]
    xx

Sarah

You will love it - I used to find it so relaxing.

£70 a session does so a little overpriced to me - most charge about £50 but give you a discount for block bookings.

Let us know how it goes ok?

Nicola

Sarah,

How did you go on your 1st session??

Lucky

Hi Guys

Well im not going into how panicky I felt before I got there as im sure you can all imagine...strange person, strange surroundings, whats she going to do to me etc!!!

Anyway, she sat me down in a comfy chair and just asked me questions about why I was there, and from what I said she must have picked up on stuff as she continued with asking me about my redundancy, my wedding stress, my grandparents dying, my relationship with my family/husband/friends etc.
    I decided to just be completely open about what I was telling her as there's no point doing it if im not open and honest...she cant help me get to the bottom of it if I dont tell the truth.
    You would be amazed at what came tumbling out of my mouth, stuff I thought hadnt bothered me I realised had been bugging me more than I realised.
    Anyway to cut a very long story short (and im not going to tell you what we talked about...lol) I had what was esentially a nice long counceling session so I could off load all the rubbish in my head.

Then she told me to close my eyes and describe my most realaxing place I could think of (which was a nice deserted beach) and so with prompting I described it (feeling really daft[:I]) and she kept prompting me and telling me that it was my 'safe place' and anytime i felt anxious I should think of it and feel relaxed. This bit only lasted about 5 minutes (think its longer next time, this was just a 1st taster) and at the end she counted from 1 to 10 and told me to open my eyes. And you know what? I wasnt 'hypnotised' like we all think it will be but I was totally relaxed and felt really rejuvenated after.

IM going again next week to see if it really can help, after all it was a nice experience and what have I got to lose?

Oh and she only charged me £40 so that was a real bonus too!!!!

Love Sarah
    xx[:X]

By the way....
    I was fully aware of everything so for all you lot who think I was away with the faires and clucking like a chicken you can stop it right now!!!..lol[]

Hiya Sarah,

Glad to hear that the hypnotherapy session went well.

How nice to feel relaxed lol

Let us know how it goes next week!

Kate x

Sarah

I told you it would be great!! and so pleased you like it. They always spend the first session getting an idea of what is wrong and then the next few sessions will be straight into the Hypnotherapy.

My safe place is a beach too!

Great about the price too - saved you some money then yeah? I hope you find it more and more beneficial each week. I found that it got me to sit still and relax for an hour - something I don't do very often - lol.

Nicola

Hiya Guys

Well, had 2nd session last night and it went really well.

One hour of pouring pouring out my troubles and half an hour of hypnosis. Extremely relaxing again and I left feeling on top of the world.

I dont expect to be cured 'just like that' but even if it helps a bit its worth it.

I had quite a bit of anxiety today BUT, that is probably because ive been out and about a lot today....Ive been to my mums, been to sainsburys, been to the bank, bought hubby valentines pressy and been to another shop. And ive also got a doctors appointment in 45mins. So, even if Ive been anxious, i must be feeling more positive or i would have done what I usually do..stay at home trying to keep occupied!!! Bizzarely enough, the most anxiety I felt today was at my mums when I was holding my sisters new baby and not in the shops!!!!

love Sarah
    xx

If you're as clumsy as me, it's probably because you were frightened you'd drop it!

So glad you've found something that works for you Sarah.

Take care, and keep on moving onwards.

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hiya all

I havent been keeping you up to date with my sessions as they are pretty much the same but I felt I should update you on my fab progress (hope I dont jinx it by posting ..lol)

Well Ive now had 4 sessions I think and they pretty much run along the same lines as I said before...loads of time to discuss problems and moan about my life and then some hypnotherapy for about 20 mins/half hour.

Im not entirely sure but I think my progress is down to the hypno.... for last month I have had only minor anxiety, not even a whiff of a big panic and I have been testing myself too.

Ive managed supermarkets on my own

I go for a walk up the road to the shops some days (which I dont like doing as my car isnt right by me) and I usually manage the end of my road, cross the street and buy some milk/paper and make a quick exit back home, but Ive now managed to turn the corner and walk up the road and wait in a florists for 10 mins while they made up a bouquet!!!!! (sound daft but im deal proud...lol)

filled up with petrol..no probs

been to pubs...no probs

queued in banks...no probs

Ive even managed to get over my panic holding my sisters baby which was really scareing me.

Well, im not saying im 'cured' by any means but as most of you who know me, know I do go out a bit but panic nearly everywhere I go, this is a major step for me...Just hope if I get another pa I remember everything and dont fall to pieces...lol

anyway enough rambling...just trying to say why not give hypnosis a go..it must be doing something for me so it might work for you too!!!

Ive got another appointment tomorrow and for the first time im gonna attempt to go on my own (usually drag hubby along to sit bored in her office..lol) so wish me luck and I will let you know if I was brave enough!!!

love Sarah
    xx

Sarah,

Its so good to see you making steady progress.Well done on pushing yourself to do these things

Good luck for tomorrow !

Meg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information