Thread: Convinced I'm about to die

Convinced I'm about to die

Been for a long sauna at my local health club, when I say long only 10 mins at a time but about 4 times. The 4th time I got a real chest tightness which spread to my left arm, so I came out, showered and left.

The pain subsided, but just now it came back nearly as strong, and I'm scared. Not least because I just googled chest pain sauna and it gave me intricate examples of similar symptoms in other people using saunas who had heart attacks up to a few days after the event.

Don't know what to do.

Re: Convinced I'm about to die

Hey skippy.

Please Please do not worry. The other ppl are just a rarity, and believe someone who thinks they are having a heart attack all the time. i have felt this not because of a sauna but because of a hot shower. When the blood in your body gets too hot or too cold, the blood vessels expand and rush to cool your organs down or warm them up. they leave the un-necessary place like your stomach and arms and legs ( hence the pain from not enough circulation but as soon as u cool down as you noticed the pain went) the pain only came back because your now panicking and your heart is racing and your temp probably went up again, just take some deep breaths relax and repeat mantras to yourself, or take your mind of it and it will go.

you'll be fine

take care

xx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Skippy my husband suffered the same symptoms as you when he had a sauna. Sounds like you've overdone it and Sammi has explained it. Try and relax a bit now and take it easy.
    Myra

Thanks these replies are helpful. This health anxiety is a complete nightmare. Still having the chest tightness but I'm lay down and trying to get myself off to sleep.

Any tips on how to naturally reduce blood pressure (short-term)??

Quote Originally Posted by SammiB View Post
    Hey skippy.

not because of a sauna but because of a hot shower. When the blood in your body gets too hot or too cold, the blood vessels expand and rush to cool your organs down or warm them up. they leave the un-necessary place like your stomach and arms and legs ( hence the pain from not enough circulation but as soon as u cool down as you noticed the pain went)

you'll be fine

take care

xx
    interesting because as soon as I got into the hot shower at the health club, the pain came back.

I just don't know why it's back now when I'm resting and supposedly relaxed

Aww skippy i'm glad that it helped and your trying to relax.

its just hurting now because you expect it too, your subconcience is still panicking you just have to keep relaxing and taking you mind of it. close your eyes and try to convince yourself the pain is slowly going away. just deep breaths
    feel better xx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

It's back because you are anxious about it. Try and distract yourself. Let your thoughts go to something happy or funny. Yes, health anxiety is a pain (excuse the pun!) but it can get better.
    Myra

Just a quick update, I had a couple of aspirin and the pain has really subsided. Perhaps it was some inflammation or something like that.

Anyway I guess the moral of the story is that health anxiety can cause very very real symptoms and we just have to see it through and let it pass.

I'm glad you are feeling better skippy. I hope you have a good sleep tonight.
    Myra

Join the crowd !!!!!! I have been dying since I was 8 years old and convinced for sure.Im 55 and have been dying all these years although I cannot find a doctor to confirmed this but I have been convinced all these years.. Although im not dead yet. what a waste of precious time..years and years for nothing.. what a waste of life .My mother used to say im going to live till I die..thats a great attitude..she died when she was 79 ...and was ready to go ..said she had a great life although my thoughts on it was that it sucked but then again its all in how you look at it.. Thank God she wasn't stupid like me to worry and worry about something you have absolutely no control over.. Im speaking to myself here too...so don't take it personal..You will die when its your time not before or later.. Now lol.. If I could just start thinking this way things would be better.. Take care. Michael

Thread Information