Thread: Anyone have appendicitis?

Anyone have appendicitis?

Hi guys! I've been doing well but now I'm back. I was recently diagnosed with severe anemia so I've been feeling crappy in general...but today my right side has been sore and on my back where my ribs meet my spine there is a tender spot that hurts when i touch it. In the past couple hours the pain seems to have moved lower and I'm scared that it's appendicitis.

I also feel like I have to make a bowel movement but can't. I don't want to rush to the hospital cause I have no insurance, but I'm also scared.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Re: Anyone have appendicitis?

Mine came on as just started to feel yucky with a slight pain to the right of my belly button so I laid down to have a nap hoping it would go away. 2 hours later I woke up and felt horrible, I felt like I had to get sick so I went to get off the couch and I couldnt stand up straight, the pain was sooooo intense. I knew I needed to go and that something was not right.
    They say the pain tends to start off near your belly button and moves quickly to your lower right approx in the middle from the bottom of your hip bone to belly button. You would be in some strong pain if it was you appendix.

I had appendicitis about 18mths ago. Mine started with a pain that ran right across my middle and I kept being sick too. I thought at first that it was a stomach bug as I'd had similar symptoms before, so it was only when I was still feeling bad after 3 days that I went to A&E. By this time the lower right hand side of my abdomen was tender and when I lay down and lifted my right leg it hurt, which is common with appendicitis apparently. Also you get what they call a 'rebound' pain with it, which is that you don't feel the pain when someone touches the appendix area, but it hurts after they take their hand away, if that makes any sense.

Hello,
    Yes i had it years ago, infact ended up having it out on the morning of my birthday, at 3am. Speaking for myself the pain was exscruchating, and i kept trying to go to the toilet thought it was that. Everyone else i have spoke to about it all say the pain was imense. Don't know if this is of any help to you at all.

Thanks so much for your replies, guys. I slept through the night and the pain hasn't gotten worse, but its still there. I'm going to head to my dr. but I haven't had the pain with lifting my leg and I don't think when I press it hurts worse when I let go. I also have IBS so I'm wondering if maybe that could be it.

One more question. Would it feel like I have a muscle soreness when stretching to the opposite side? Cause when I do that it feels like I pulled something.

It really is a very intense pain and you would be feeling quite ill with it and most likely have a fever too. I know when I had mine I couldn't sleep at all.

Thread Information