Thread: was this all just caused by panic attack

was this all just caused by panic attack

hi guys,

ive had the worst four months of my life...............

im now at the stage of thinking ive got cancer but the doctors havent found it yet..............i wont bore you with all the symtoms but the consistant ones have been severe discomfort around belly and back after eating, dizzyness, weakness, heavy feelings down legs, heat sensations around body and palpitations.........the most worrying is the discomfort in my back, it gets a prickly feeling and the sensations of a shape or organ pushing out!

so far ive had -

blood tests - normal
    ultrasound - normal
    4 ecgs - normal
    camera down throat - normal

the docs say im ok and this might be all anxiety, if it is i wont know what to think...............but my mind wont be put at ease till i have an mri.

ive gone lactose, yeast an gluten free - stomachs even worse lol get real tired after eating.

Re: was this all just caused by panic attack

It could be stress/anxiety but my husband had similar symptoms for years and all the tests were normal but was diagnosed with chronic fatigue and this definitely affects the stomach too, its as though his body is too tired to digest his food or something like that.

You poor thing :(

It sounds as though you are going through hell at the moment. Big hugs.

It sounds as though your Doctors are being very thorough.

Have they suggested a course of action for the anxiety?

you sound so like me and all my tests have come back normal I have been trying to explain to people that there feels like something in my rib cage that I just want to pull out - seems mad I know I have had so much pain in my side and back and this causes me to feel short of breath at first GP thought it was kidney stones it greatly affects my eating I have filled in an anxiety and depression form with the GP and they are sure I am suffering from panic attacks

Hi

Have you had you gallbladder checked out, I was told that i had IBS for more than 2yrs, in the end i was sent for a scan, and they found i had gallstones, had my gallbladder taken out, and all the stomach troubles i was having all went, I had a constant ache on my right side, just under my rib, nothing i took or did made it better, also had heartburn, and everything else you would associate with IBS, not saying thats what you got, but might be worth having it checked

hi guys, thanks for your replys........ can i ask yous -

rooby - did your husband have the prickly, shapes sensation in the back?

Balinese - yes theyve given me propranolol..........now that im aware i have anxiety the palpitations have settled some, hate taking tablets.

carm - how long have you had your symptoms? the ones ive described are over the past 4 months but the back pain and discomfort has been with me for over 5 years.

CherryRED - ive had the ultra sound for gallblader an other organs and its normal....... my back pain is central to upper back were as ibs seems to be lower.

im trying to get an mri done this week or next............ive realised about my anxiety, and have settled somewhat but it doesnt change my stomach, or back pain. ive lost 2 stone over the past months as im down to a salad and maybe some fruit a day, cause the discomforts to much afer eating.

I don't know if this helps or not but I have had all these sensations off and on over my entire life..I think its mostly dry skin on the prickly thing and the sensations of organs pushing out is just imagination or misplaced muscle. I think you are ok.. but regardless I hope you feel better. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by CherryRed View Post
    Hi

Have you had you gallbladder checked out, I was told that i had IBS for more than 2yrs, in the end i was sent for a scan, and they found i had gallstones, had my gallbladder taken out, and all the stomach troubles i was having all went, I had a constant ache on my right side, just under my rib, nothing i took or did made it better, also had heartburn, and everything else you would associate with IBS, not saying thats what you got, but might be worth having it checked
    I had exactly the same thing and it also took them just over 2 years before they finally sent me for a scan and you know the rest gall stones and gall bladder op. So yeah try mentioning that to them, it was an ultra sound scan that found them

Ahh im an idiot ive just seen your reply saying you've had the scan! I hope you get it sorted soon, its awful not knowing whats wrong, hugs to you

Thread Information