Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dr claire weekes

dr claire weekes

Hiya everyone,

I seem to be having a blip with my anxiety and intrusive thoughts and have found this site once again to be a great help. Whilst looking around the site, I keep seeing mention of the claire weekes books. I was just wondering which of her books is best to start with? any advice would be greatly welcome x

Becks x

Re: dr claire weekes

Hi

The best ones are these..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/in...index&cPath=72

You don't need to buy them from my online shop but I just wanted you to see the ones I recommend

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i am also having a blip at the moment all though my systoms are just as bad now as when i first had them and i am afraid [lease help dont want to get bad again

Just an update on the DVD. Very short for the price really - but to see Claire Weeks explaining things, and a patient who had recovered using her methods really helped me a lot.

I am still reading the book as well - but the DVD made it sink in better.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I never realised there was a DVD, is it her Pebble Mill interviews?

Aunty Claire, I had her audio in the car on more than RUSH, the Manics and Marillion at one time.

The best book I ever read, Self Help for your nerves. I sent mine to an NMP member and never got it back, be warned

Thank you very much, time to invest in the book me thinks and Hiya Lynn, these blips are terrible arent they? Just when you think things are looking good a blip makes you feel like your taking ten steps back. I don't feel that I have anything constructive to say that might help you, as im feeling pretty rough myself. All I can say is that Im really fed up feeling the way that I do but im determin not to give into the anxiety, so im going to see if the claire weekes book helps...I can certainly say that this site has helped tremendously! there is always someone on hand to give a little reasurance when needed. I hope you feel a little better this morning lynn x

"Self help for your nerves" and "essential help......" are both very very good books - I have both - at first you may feel daunted at all the info
    Essential help has a good index - basically i look for my fear in the index and then go to the relevant page - soooo easy to read and understand - my essential... book is twice its size with 'post it' notes marking MY important pages
    another GOOD book is "Coping succesfully with panic attacks" by Shirley Trickett - lots of help and good explanations.
    Also if you look in 'symptoms' under problems left of this screen you will find lots of info on all the problems of panic and hyperventilation - I have printed off some of these and carry them with me at ALL times - the distraction of getting the papers out of my bag is sometimes enough to ward off the panic
    Best wishes
    June

Claire Weekes Yes one of the real pioneers from waaay back. I was lucky enough to come across her books almost thrity years ago. I had been having panic attacks and not finding much comfort. No internet, no lovely NMP to help a young person through a nightmarish time.

It wasn't until I moved overseas and came across her there, wrote an article about anxiety and mentioned Dr Weekes and was inundated with replies from others just like me.

So...yes. I totally agree that her work can be a godsend. As is this site. Knowledge is power as they say and information can make us strong. The great joy we have on this site is that we can share our tips and our stories and help eachother.

All good wishes

Rozie

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    I never realised there was a DVD, is it her Pebble Mill interviews?

Aunty Claire, I had her audio in the car on more than RUSH, the Manics and Marillion at one time.

The best book I ever read, Self Help for your nerves. I sent mine to an NMP member and never got it back, be warned
    yes the pebble mill series

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

"Essential help for your Nerves" is probably the best book I have read, and believe me, I have read a few !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information