Thread: Do you think this is IBS?

Do you think this is IBS?

For the past four years now I have had on random days stomach cramps. The first year was the worst, they started happening once a week. I would wake up with them and they would happen all day long sometimes every ten minutes, sometimes every hour. The last two years haven't been as bad. It has only been happening for one day every few months. I am not sure if my diet has something to do with it - I live at university now so cook for myself so my diet has totally changed from what it was four years ago. I have noticed now it only happens around exams. The pain is completely unbearable and nothing stops it or changes it. My stomach makes weird gurgling sounds with it and I can feel nautious. I have had numerous blood tests - all normal, and ultrasound scan, also completely normal and a sigmoidoscopy which was normal except for a polyp they removed. Due to all these normal tests I have been told by doctors I have constipated irritable bowel syndrome and i need to eat more fibre. Weird thing is, everything I eat is wholemeal and I get about 7 portions of fruit & veg a day. Does everyone agree this sounds like IBS?

Re: Do you think this is IBS?

I am suffer the same at times of stress, stressed all the time lol so IBS plays up all the time. Wholemeal 4 any 1 with constipation can be a bad thing if eating 2 much my doc told me 2 eat white bread as easier 2 digest.

Re: Do you think this is IBS?

I have IBS, i cant eat alot of veg or fruit because it makes my condition worse. Eating more fibre makes me worse

love mandie x

Thread Information