Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An "unofficial" reminder about chat rules

Re: An "unofficial" reminder about chat rules

I went into the chat room feeling miserable last night and came out feeling better, it really took my mind off things, alright some of the subjects were of coarse a little, but everyone was having a laugh. I'm quite a shy person and have no confidence at the minute but i always feel welcome in the chatroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrainbow View Post
    I went into the chat room feeling miserable last night and came out feeling better, it really took my mind off things, alright some of the subjects were of coarse a little, but everyone was having a laugh. I'm quite a shy person and have no confidence at the minute but i always feel welcome in the chatroom.
    Hey well done! im pleased you went in to chat. It really is nice!

I have had both good and bad experiences in chat, 90% of the time I am ignored so I stay out

Maybe make help the default room, then people can choose if they want to pop across to General Chat.

We do spend a lot of time reading chat logs after a complaint and it is draining both emotionally and on our free time.

I have always said that members can open a room if they want to have a bit of banter without causing friction in the main chat room.

The help room is there by default but new rooms can be created on the fly for other topics.

We have to keep the chat a friendly place to be but also remember that it is not a social networking room and new members and equally existing members will want to talk about panic, anxiety etc.

A lot of people don't want to go into a chat room hosted on a panic site and read all about sex (as an example) so please try and keep things clean and within the rules that we set up.

Thanks for raising the issue Jaco.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

does this mean we can open a room to have a giigle rather the main room sometimes?
    or do we have to ask u first or can we go ahead and do it? i do agree this could calm things down now and then :-) I

Members are free to open a new room but remember it won't be moderated.

ok thankyou xx

Quote Originally Posted by roygbiv View Post
    I've never had any problems in the chat room, everyone always says hello when i enter (and i mean everyone!) I find it funny when everyone calls me Roy, as it's not even my real name, haha.
    lol roy!

Better than being called Mr Biv I guess

I did have problems at first,but now I am over it.a lot of people did not understand my aussie sense of humour,I took things said to me personly and told a few off.But now it is my daily fix,to remind me there are lots out there worse than me.I enjoy talking and having agood laugh with my new friends when I feel like chit,they all boost me up isn't that what's it all about? I have made some wonderful,caring and lovely friends in chat room,as I am older than a lot in chat,they all treat me with respect.I am addicted to the chat room,it helps ease my troubles.
    Rhonda

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information