Thread: Can't stop obsessing!

Can't stop obsessing!

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense and doesn't seem important but for some reason I can't stop obsessing about it.

Three years ago I was diagnosed with OCD. However ever since I was diagnosed I've been obsessing about whether I have it. I keep thinking that instead it is Health Anxiety. I know that which it is is probably unimportant but for me it is. This time it started with the fear that I had/was going to get MND (my gran died from it). And I would have to check and re-check myself but also would have to repeat actions to check that I still had control over myself. I then became scared of the fact that I was/ was going to lose control in general. Most of my compulsions involve me repeatedly doing actions over and over again (in multiples of four) until it 'feels' right.

I have other issues such as I can't use certain products etc And I will not go to the doctor about it. In fact I can't say this out loud - typing it here is really difficult.

I know it seems like a really stupid issue but I need to know it's really freaking me out.
    Last edited by Nutmeg; 27-01-10 at 21:26.

Re: Can't stop obsessing!

It sounds like you are obsessing about obsessing..Its ok.. most of us are like that here.. Some of the things you are experiencing sound pretty normal.I mean that most people on earth experience the very samethings and then they go on and feel something else or they get busy and forget about everything. I used to be tremendous ocd..but over time for some reason the things I used to be ocd about I forgot .Like checking and rechecking the back door to see if it is locked..All of a sudden waking one morning and realize its unlocked and I never checked it.

Or going to the store and coming home and checking my wallet to make sure I didn't leave my wallet somewhere.. this is random ,laying in bed sometime I jump up and check to see if it is there. I no longer do this..I have all kinds of weird perks and have stopped most of them and why im not sure so I wouldn't worry to much.. it happens to most of us ,it will be fine.. take care and hope you feel better.. Michael

Re: Can't stop obsessing!

Alot of Drs say that health anxiety is one form of OCD so they are one and the same- the only difference is that in health anxiety the obsession and compulsion to check and get reassurance is directed at one topic only rather than loads of different ones. Does this make sense??

So anyone with health anxiety is suffering from OCD or so I have been told by Dr

Thread Information