Thread: Have a night out tonight - Very Afraid

Have a night out tonight - Very Afraid

I have bad HA and my last night out was at Halloween where I was having a good time and out of nowhere a horrible scary thought just popped into my head when I Was sitting down like "This is my last night out before I go into hospital in the near future. I Won't enjoy this again. Better make it last a while" and I just went home pretty much down and despaired.

I have a night out with old friends tonight that has been planned and they have no idea I've been fighting H.A since December 2008.

Just worried in case I get these horrible thoughts randomly again tonight and it'll ruin a night out which should be good.

Re: Have a night out tonight - Very Afraid

Go and enjoy your night out and don't be afraid of the thoughts. Don't let them spoil your night. If they happen then just ignore them and carry on as normal. Don't give them the importance they seek. They are only thoughts - they can't do you any harm if you don't fear them. Have a nice night.
    Myra

Do you think you might be able to tell your friends about your HA, then at least if something does happen they'll understand?

I'm afraid I don't have any other advice. I've made excuses not to go on 3 nights out since just before Christmas and we are supposed to be going out tonight with friends for a meal and drinks... There's no way of getting out of this one and I'm dreading it.

I understand where you are coming from as i used to be terrible.I worry still in case i clam up and dont know what to talk about as that does happen with me.The best way i find is to just think nice thoughts when horrible thoughts kick in,or a distraction of some sort. Sometimes i think it happens when we are out of our comfort zone.I am also going out tonite for a meal with friends but i try not to think of bad things and hopefully i will have a good nite. Go and enjoy and you feel tons better for making the effort and what an achievement for you. Have fun Butterfly1 x

Thread Information