Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numbness sensation on one side

Unhappy Numbness sensation on one side

Hi all it is me again. I cant believe this is anxiety and am so scared its ms! I still have th numbness sensation on one side, although it is at the edge of the left hand side of my body. I still get the crawling sensation on my face and whole body weekness sensation. I do have ibs and when i need to wee i have to go straight away.....these are all ms signs arnt there?

Re: Numbness sensation on one side

Anyone?

I have the same symptoms. I have a numbness/tingly feeling on the left side of my face, head, hands... I just started getting it a couple of days ago with headaches and so on. I have no idea if it's MS i was thinking the same. I hope it's just an anxiety/panic symptom but I honestly don't know. Sorry I can't be of any help.

I've gone through several bouts, over the past two years, of the "crawling ants" sensation. These bouts were directly related to stress and anxiety, and sometimes lasted for as long as a few months.
    I'm currently dealing with tingling on my lips;especially my lower lip, and face. If you held a gun to my head, I would tell you it was related to my TMJ and/or to stress and anxiety. Unfortunately, at this moment, I can't convince myself that I do not have cancer metasticizing to the inferior alveolar nerve along my lower jaw, which is a reputed pathway for cancer cells.
    Please don't fret over MS - stress and anxiety cause tingling and crawling sensations all the time. That's no exaggeration...

Hi jonny, thank you for your kinds words....you have made me feel a little better. I hope you are feeling well? Its awful isnt it....i have never had these syptoms with my anxiety before so it very scarey. xx

carli i have just looked at your most recent posts and apart from going to drs that amount it could have been written by me i to went and told dr thought got ms he said 2 things
    1st imagine you did have it whats the worst thing that could happen ms is not NOT a killer
    2nd people do have it and have had and lived a good life for years however all the symptoms we have had are not ARENOT how ms presents itself first

i have a good friend that has ms and apart from the occasional blip manages fine and has holidays etc and not anxiety,my aunt also had it for 30 years and died of bone cancer i think you need to try a different approach now carli face it and see what scares you because your fear is getting worse and it really really doesnt need to think about what my dr said xxxim here for you xx

Thanks julia, i will try, i am starting counselling soon so hopefully i will be able to get back on track. How have you been? I am back fb now. xxx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Carli, these symptoms are very, very common with anxiety. MS would present other symptoms too which you clearly haven't got.

I went through all the worries and tests because I was getting these weird sensations too but once I stopped worrying and got on with life they started to disappear.

It's anxiety - and more we worry the worse these symptoms get!

You'll be fine...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you so much melancholia77, you have made me feel a bit better. xx

Carli - I think it was you that replied to me the other day and helped put my mind at ease a bit, hopefully I can do the same for you.

I have experienced numbness and a tingling sensation down my left hand side on and off for ages. At one point a few years back, I went to the dr convinced I had a problem with my heart but it turned out to be a result of anxiety/stress as the others have said.

I hope that helps you a little bit - take it easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information