Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: called an ambulance- help!

called an ambulance- help!

i've just had an ambulance out because i thought i was going to die. I feel soooo stupid now and can't stop crying. How can panic make you feel so bad and yet medically nothing is wrong with you? Experienced symtoms stronger and like nothing i'd ever felt before- felt like my brain was 'rattling' in my head, was convinced i was going to pass out, was screaming as well.Has anyone else had these symtoms? Am going to see my gp later. thanxx

Hi India, I have done exactly the same before. I was lying down on the drive of my house because I was convinced I couldnt stand up and there was something really serious going on with my head. The ambulance took ages, I got bored of waiting, by the time it turned up I was fine!! They just checked me over and all was ok. I look back on it now and laugh about it! Don't worry, u will be fine the symptoms are very real but you will be ok.

Richard

(((Hugs))) Poor you.

When I first started getting panic attacks after the birth of my son I called the emergenct doctor out so many times as i was convinced i was dying so I can really sympathise.

I hope your doctor is helpful.

Annie x x

Hi India,

I understand how you feel but when you are in the middle of a panic attack you are so frightened that you need reassurance from anywhere. I have been admitted to A&E before as I was sure I was dying!! Of course it was just a panic attack and once you recognise the symptoms and signs you can often deal with it better.

On one occasion I had to call an ambulance for a friend who I suspected was having a panic attack but she had had surgery a week before and I couldn't risk it. When the paramedics came they confirmed that she was having a panic attack and I felt a little bit silly but I think they are used to it and as they said 'better to be safe than sorry'. My friends symptoms were exactly the same as yours and so you shouldn't worry too much. Panic attacks can give you some very unpleasant physical symptoms!

Hope you are feeling better now.
    Best wishes
    Tulip

Hi India, I too have been admitted to hospital with an attack, to say i felt stupid was an understatement. the symptoms came out of nowhere and appeared for no reason.
    you will feel better once youve seen your GP and realise this was it and there isnt anything underlying.
    Try not to feel stupid, easier said than done i know, but the ambulance people are understanding.
    Take care.xxxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

I lay down in my doctors surgery on the floor convinced I was just about to have a heart attack.

I agree with you that it seems amazing that a panic attack can cause such terrible symptoms.

You are not alone hun.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hello India, how are you feeling now hun?

Its understandable you calling an ambulance, what your body goes through it unbelievable. As funnyy as this may sound I have seen it on documetries so many time people calling amulances for panic attacks, the staff are trained for them so i wouldnt worry in the slightest, they are non-judgemetal and they probably never thought about it again.

The weekend my first panics started, I really couldnt breathe but i was soooo scared to even call an ambulance (in case there was something seriously worng) I was so scared to stay in doors with my 3 year old daughter aswell I walked to my doctors surgery with her, I walked in and they just said whats wrong and i burst into tears and said i couldnt breathe. they were so sympathetic of me and helpfull. I too felt so ashamed and embarrassed. My doctor said it was nothing to embarrassed about, the symptoms you get can sometimes mimic other severe illnesses, thats why some people think of heart attacks.

You did the perfectly best thing you could ever of done, your tears are probably of relief and youve had so many emotions going through your body its releasing them that way. Have a good cry hun, get rid of all the feelings and emotions. Cryings the best way to release tension too.

Weve all been there hun, its normal for us "panic-ers" . Somebody the other day asked me what was there fear i felt like, It was hard to explain, i said if you can imagine the fear you have when you wake form a horrible nightmare and your heart racing and you feel all delirious and multiply it by your strongest fear, again and again, that still wouldnt be in comparison.

My heart goes out to you mate and were all here for you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi India,

Just signing in as another 'regular' to the ambulance crews. Each time I've gone in the 'flashing wagon' they've taken me to a different hospital, maybe to save me the embarassment with the staff lol.

But seriously, I do now how worrying it is - I have had loads of panic attacks, but one big one comes, or one with really strange symptoms and you feel that it really is something different.

You have taken the right route by calling the ambulance and seeing the doctor. If you have been admitted, then they'll give you a really thorough check-up and assuming that they find nothing wrong, that will help you in the future.

Let us know the outcome

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

hi India,
    'im sure you can see you are not alone in this! i've also gone off to A&E convinced the grim reaper was on his way! it did turn out to be a panic attack but that was after them thinking I was pregnant!! not sure which was more of a shock! (i wasn't pg - but should have seen the look on my ex's face!)
    please dont worry though, at least you'll recognise what it is next time.

big hugs,
    lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Hi India
    I too have experienced bad panic attacks, thinking "am I dying". They are terrible.
    At the moment, I am waking up with strange head sensations - thus thinking I have a brain tumour.
    I hate anxiety - there are so many symptoms and when you suffer a new symptoms it makes the worry worse.
    Hope you feel better.
    Nicki

x
    [8D]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information