Thread: bowel spasms and ibs

bowel spasms and ibs

does anyone who suffers with ibs get bowel spasms after a bowel movement i do they can last for ages my bowel some times feels raw inside im fed up with it a friend has recomended reflexology for ibs ive got an appointment tomorrow i cant cope with my ibs at the moment its all i seem to think about which is proberly making it worse i know.

Re: bowel spasms and ibs

anyone else have this

I have been diagnosed with ibs but mine mainly consists of a recurring pain/irritation along my left lower abdomen and at different times I have spasms in my right lower abdomen. No rhyme or reason to when I get them - they come randomly during different time periods - but I think they might be linked to when I eat rish foods (often when on vacation or around the Holidays).

Hi Bronte

I do get bowel spams after a bowel movement so much so that i started waiting till i had been toilet before i took my medication which sometimes helped the one thing i do find helpful is a hot water bottle or my hubby recently bought me a heat pad that helps

I have IBS but don't really get the spasms that's usually associated with IBS so the anti spasmodics don't work. I just get almost daily pain low down on the right side of my abdomen and across it at times as well, really painful and I feel sick all the time.

I do feel worse after a bowel movemen though which is weird as with IBS after a bowel movement it's supposed to make you feel better.

Don't worry though, IBS is different for everyone. Buy some colpermin capsules from Boots or Superdrug (about £5.50) and take 3 a day, I know they work great for people who get the spasms with IBS

i personally found acupuncture much better.
    the feet massage was too painful for me!

I get lower abdo pain on the right, almost at the side of my leg, and on my left sometmes. My lower abdo feels so heavy like there is a brick in it sometimes and my bottom feels painful and full of wind, not nice at all.

hi everyone thanks for your replies i also get the pain in my bottom its horrible it sometimes feel like a ballon up my bottom it even hurts to sit down sometimes

hi thanks for the replies i too get wind pains up my bootm its horrible it feels like a ball of wind it even hurts to sit down sometimes.

Yes, this sounds familiar to me .

Thread Information