Thread: Been doing so well, now I'm freaking out again :( Can anyone help?

Been doing so well, now I'm freaking out again :( Can anyone help?

First of all, I REALLY want to thank everyone on this forum for helping me so much. Recognising my symptoms as really helped me to get my head around most of them. & I realised that I've probably been suffering from health anxiety/general anxiety for most of my born days...it's made me realise how long I've been suffering from awful thoughts/feelings...

Anyways, if any of you read my first post on how it all kicked off majorly (a very scary visit to the A&E, sent by the doctor, when my heart-rate was 120bpms) since then I've been obsessed with my heart rate/heart & have been checking my pulse waaay too much. :(
    The two ECG's I had done at the A&E (17th December) were both normal (except for a raised heart-rate) & all my blood work & urine sample was fine.
    A week after I was still having palpitations so in panic & rather than face the horrid A&E again (I'd go to say I have a phobia of the A&E now) I went to the local walk in centre. They said my blood pressure was fine & the guy who checked my heart beat commented "oh, that's very regular that"
    Which put my mind at ease for abit...& these past few weeks I've felt like I've really been making progress but yesterday & today I feel like I'm going back to square one...

I'm still checking my pulse & I've noticed that it seems very irregular at times, especially on an evening. It feels like it's doing 3 or 4 beats in one! Like..thud-thud-thud *pause* thud-thud-thud...short bursts of beats when it should only be doing one. :(
    It's really freaking me out & I've been to the doctors alot lately, I don't want to start getting annoyed with me. So I don't want to have to go back AGAIN & The thought of going back to the A&E is TERRIFYING

Can things change so drastically in a month? With an ECG being fine & the guy at the walk in centre saying my heart sounded very normal & regular. Now a month on, I'm no better :(
    Do you think they are just normal palpitations? Can I get them even when I'm not feeling as anxious? Could the constant panicking & anxiety attacks have caused a heart problem over the last month?

Please guys, I feel like I'm taking steps back when I felt like I was getting somewhere...

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Been doing so well, now I'm freaking out again :( Can anyone help?

Hi sal, maybe its because you are aware of it hun. You are paying so much atttention to it thats most likely why ur noticeing it as much as you are. Im sure you are find hun and if anything had been wrong it would have been picked up when u was at the hospital. I am afraid i do not have the answer as to how to not pay attention to it as i do it all the time over various health issues but please try not to worry and just tell yourself its anxiety and you will be fine. xx

Re: Been doing so well, now I'm freaking out again :( Can anyone help?

I really really doubt it would changer so drastically in a month, i'd say it's probably cos you are focusing your attention on it all the time,I also have these beats and they scare the living days out of me but i try to ignore them ..Sometimes i can't ignore them and have a few bad days at least once a month,they haven't hurt me or killed me tho whole time i've been having them so try not to worry.. x x

Thread Information