Thread: Have I got OCD? :S

Have I got OCD? :S

Since my anxiety started, I keep having random thoughts in my head of being in the hospital or an ambulance.
    Of waking from fainting with paramedics around me.
    Even horrible thoughts of the doctors telling my family that I've died & them crying. Of leaving my sister & Mum (we're very close) & my animals behind & even sometimes thoughts of my own funeral.
    & I sometimes feel like I should be making plans for my funeral & telling my family what I would "want".

I'm only 22! I don't want to keep having these thoughts...is it my anxiety? OCD? Or even worse, premonitions???
    I'd welcome any thoughts...

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Have I got OCD? :S

Hello,

Well the last thing I think it is is premonitions!! I think it sounds like anxious, obsessive thoughts fuelled by a vivid imagination. Lots of us have had these thoughts. As Dr. Claire Weekes says "we take our thoughts to the extreme, determined to find out the worst!!!" Please don't be afraid of the thoughts. They depend on your dislike of them to keep happening. Try and carry on with your normal routine when they are happening and don't be afraid. When you lose the fear then they will gradually go. Don't put too much importance on them. Remember, they are only thoughts and can do no real harm.
    Myra

Thread Information