Thread: Small white patches on the top of tongue

Cool Small white patches on the top of tongue

i have a small white patch on the top of my tongue, in the middle of it. i heard that it could be leukoplakia. i have only been smoking for a week now and never have more then one a day. i brush me teeth regularly too. i heard that it is nothing serious and you can hardly notice that it is there, i just want to make sure about it.
    here is a picture. also, can u tell me about the big cut down my it too. i have had it for a while and i eat alot of fruit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Small white patches on the top of tongue

All the spots are around the cut from what I can see.
    The cut on your tongue is probably infected hence why it's not healing.

You should go and see your doctor tbh.

And this is leukoplakia. http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/p...6061_lores.jpg

ok thanks. i have been to the dentist lots of times and it might be becuase i eat lots of sweets. my mum is a nusre and she said that it is nothing serious. the spots have almost gone now so i was probably over reacting. thank you for your reply!!

What is leukoplakia in that picture?? what causes it?? I used to get something that looke similar a couple of years ago but after about a year it seemed to just dissapear.

Hello there,

I had a similar experience a year ago but mine was really worse. My tongue still is quite white. I had numerous health checks, blood tests even an HIV test cause that was my main worry at the time but all was fine. My doctor told me that was nothing and he just gave me some vitamin B tablets (B5 and B12 if i remember corerectly). As far as the cut is concerned are you sure it was not there before? I know a lot of people that have cuts on their tongues but they were born with them.

Hope you are better now
    Take care!

from what i can remember i have. i have noticed that i have very small little white dots in the cut and a few around it. it is not painful and i have looked at oral thrush and it is nothing like what is explained. the dots mayhave been there before but and i havent noticed it..... plz help

Quote Originally Posted by roderickcrawford990 View Post
    from what i can remember i have. i have noticed that i have very small little white dots in the cut and a few around it. it is not painful and i have looked at oral thrush and it is nothing like what is explained. the dots mayhave been there before but and i havent noticed it..... plz help
    i mean all my life

Thread Information